ID Photos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StephL26

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!!

I was running low on my ID Photos, and then I had to use a senior graduation picture and one that I randomly found of myself senior year high school (I didn't change at all :p ), and then this thought occurred to me...Is it really necessary for the admissions committees to have our photos before they meet with us?

If I was super-hot, ok...fine, I have no problem sending in my photos. But would this have increased my chances of getting an interview invite?

Is there a point in having our photos sent in with the application? I know if I was admitting students, I'd choose the better looking one of the bunch. ;)

What are your thoughts here?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!!!

I was running low on my ID Photos, and then I had to use a senior graduation picture and one that I randomly found of myself senior year high school (I didn't change at all :p ), and then this thought occurred to me...Is it really necessary for the admissions committees to have our photos before they meet with us?

If I was super-hot, ok...fine, I have no problem sending in my photos. But would this have increased my chances of getting an interview invite?

Is there a point in having our photos sent in with the application? I know if I was admitting students, I'd choose the better looking one of the bunch. ;)

What are your thoughts here?

You're an odd one.

i think that its mostly to verify that its you that shows up to the interview, or something like that (granted that would be easy to get around)

Members don't see this ad :)
it's also so that when they review your file post-interview, they can remember you better to make a more educated decision. also, they probably wouldn't want someone who sends in a pic where they're wearing a dirty hoody and sporting a neck tattoo or something. you need to be presentable if not beautiful.

im hot, and i dont have any interviews:) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :)

Hmm, thanks! That's makes sense...but then I now wonder what would've happened if I sent in a picture of Jessica Alba...:rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying...I still don't think it's fair though. ;)

I just took my pictures about 2 weeks ago to send them to the school. When I was about to send them, I was wondering on how they will judge looks...who knows what they are looking for..probably people who look nerdy, normal, who knows... They might be like "uhm yeah, she doesn't look smart enough" :eek: :mad: :p