Idaho Licensing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaturatedTurd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, currently a NYS new grad that just took the NYS Part 3compounding and have the naplex/mpje scheduled in the coming months. I am worried that I might have funked out on the compounding and was wondering if it is possible to score-transfer my NAPLEX to Idaho, a state where they don't require MPJE or compounding. Does anyone know anybody that has done this or know about Idaho licensing? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, currently a NYS new grad that just took the NYS Part 3compounding and have the naplex/mpje scheduled in the coming months. I am worried that I might have funked out on the compounding and was wondering if it is possible to score-transfer my NAPLEX to Idaho, a state where they don't require MPJE or compounding. Does anyone know anybody that has done this or know about Idaho licensing? Thanks!
I believe you have 89 days after passing the NAPLEX to transfer your passing score to Idaho. You have the right idea as ID no longer requires the MPJE, and thus makes for an amazing back up plan. In fact I also tranfered my pass NAPLEX score to ID along with ten other states just in case. I believe ID has some weird sponsor thing you have to do with a local pharmacist to get registered there though.

Be alert as many states require you to pass your mpje within 1 year of passing your NAPLEX.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, if you selected NY as your primary state, you are required to finish the license requirements before the score transfer can take effect.
Oh wow, damn. There's no other way around this and the earliest I can get licensed is by January if I do end up failing Part 3?

Idaho had two different types of licensing when I applied there. A full license if you were practicing in the state and a permit, in which you would work non-resident status like mail order. The latter didn't really count as a full license.