If you applied early, what's your status at Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your status at Pitt?

• Invited to interview right away, I am awesome

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Invited a while after submitting, I too am awesome

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Rejected, Pitt blows, who needs them anyway?

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Neither! What's going on? I'm hanging here...

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why not take my obsession with Pitt to a whole new level? This poll is for people who had their secondaries/LORs in by the end of August. Feel free to share your comments as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, MiesVanDerMom,

I'm still a-waitin'...

I sent in my stuff way early, but of course they were waiting on my August MCAT. Now that is in, let the cards fall where they may (and I hope they indicate that I get an interview). :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete around mid-August, and found the thin envelope in my mailbox this morning. In retrospect, I probably should have saved my money...

Why not take my obsession with Pitt to a whole new level? This poll is for people who had their secondaries/LORs in by the end of August. Feel free to share your comments as well.

my sympathies are with those getting the big R. i know your pain. i hope this poll isn't rubbing salt in the wound. I'm just trying to get inside Pitt's head. When my children look back someday, they'll know this was the day Mommy truly began losing her mind. Why oh why did Mommy apply to med school...:scared: :eek: :confused: :scared: :eek: :confused:

Hey MVDM, you may or may not get your MD at Pitt, but you'll definitely get your MD. Keep up the good fight!

my sympathies are with those getting the big R. i know your pain. i hope this poll isn't rubbing salt in the wound. I'm just trying to get inside Pitt's head. When my children look back someday, they'll know this was the day Mommy truly began losing her mind. Why oh why did Mommy apply to med school...:scared: :eek: :confused: :scared: :eek: :confused:

Does anyone know the time schedule of the day of the Pitt interview (aka when does the day start and end)? I have a midterm on the westcoast the next day, so I'm trying to figure out whether I can fly out and make it.

boo to biochem and inflexible professors :(

Does anyone know the time schedule of the day of the Pitt interview (aka when does the day start and end)? I have a midterm on the westcoast the next day, so I'm trying to figure out whether I can fly out and make it.

boo to biochem and inflexible professors :(

the day starts at 8am and i was done around 3:30 i think...i don't remember for sure.

My poll is indicating a big zero for non-automatic interviews. Harsh. Why don't they just reject me already instead of toying with me. I'm like a fly they've caught, holding me beneath a magnifying glass in the sun's harsh rays and ripping my legs off one by one.

This is really just a BUMP for my poll...

the day starts at 8am and i was done around 3:30 i think...i don't remember for sure.

You are correct (I found my schedule sheet to check). End of the day can differ a bit based on when your last interview is. Day starts at 8 am. 1 student interview (blind), 1 faculty interview (not blind, in theory) and a quick meeting with someone on the admissions staff.

My poll is indicating a big zero for non-automatic interviews. Harsh. Why don't they just reject me already instead of toying with me. I'm like a fly they've caught, holding me beneath a magnifying glass in the sun's harsh rays and ripping my legs off one by one.

not true. your last option may capture non-automatic interviews. just wait.

No worries, there's hope! I was complete at Pitt in early September and didn't get an interview invite until 10/7.

I voted the first one on behalf of a friend.

My close friend got her secondary in and within a week she's gotten an interview invite.

She got the invite this past weekend and had it turned in at the beginning of the week or sometime last week.

its been about 10 days since they got my 2ndary and all materials....how are they notifying for interviews - and about how long is it usually taking for people who get them vs how long for people with the little white envelope via snail mail?

its been about 10 days since they got my 2ndary and all materials....how are they notifying for interviews - and about how long is it usually taking for people who get them vs how long for people with the little white envelope via snail mail?

i believe interview invites are via email. as for rejection turnaround, seems to take a while. I was complete back in July and I'm neither rejected nor interviewed. I believe these rejections they sent out last week were the first ones they've sent.