If you got a MD from Brown, would you even consider changing professons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JFalc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.themdjd.com/michael-barszcz.htm

I saw this guy on the TV. MD from Brown, then went to University of Florida for a JD. Now practices law (not just medical malpractice law, but a lot of personal injury).

Would you even consider it? By the way, i found it kind of funny, there is an "organization" for lawyers in which, the requirement to join is, you complete a lawsuit that awards more than a million dollars.

Members don't see this ad.

Take a look at that guy's list of settlements. He has multiple cases of "Failure to diagnose CAD leads to heart attack" to the tune of half a million. Scumbag.

I agree, this lawyer is a piece of trash.

Members don't see this ad :)
Something seems really off about that man. He isn't even called "Dr." in any part of his profile. In fact, his title is "Mr.".

Is that a residency thing? Maybe he didn't go through residency so he isn't a doctor? That isn't right is it?

Something seems really off about that man. He isn't even called "Dr." in any part of his profile. In fact, his title is "Mr.".

Is that a residency thing? Maybe he didn't go through residency so he isn't a doctor? That isn't right is it?

I believe that once you graduate medical school you can call yourself doctor (you are awarded the "Doctor of Medicine" degree).

I believe that once you graduate medical school you can call yourself doctor (you are awarded the "Doctor of Medicine" degree).

Maybe he has a shred of self respect and knows damn well he's no longer a "doctor" so he doesn't try to pretend to be =/. Still a little strange a MD, uses the title "Mr.".

If he holds an MD he is entitled to the title "Dr." no matter how big a scumbag he is. Same goes for the guys who do plaintiff's expert witnessing. They are still doctors.

My guess is that he doesn't use the title doctor because it would confuse clients, jurors, etc. about what his role is.

(on an tangent) Anyone except a DNP can understand how confusing using a title out of context would be to a layman.

If he holds an MD he is entitled to the title "Dr." no matter how big a scumbag he is. Same goes for the guys who do plaintiff's expert witnessing. They are still doctors.

My guess is that he doesn't use the title doctor because it would confuse clients, jurors, etc. about what his role is.

(on an tangent) Anyone except a DNP can understand how confusing using a title out of context would be to a layman.

lol