If you have attempts in nbde part 1 and part 2 .But passed inbde in first attempt .will the schools look at nbde attempts ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ponnappan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will the schools look at nbde results or will they just consider inbde result ?

Members don't see this ad.

They will see your attempt on NBDE 1/2 from ADA unfortunately even if you cleared INBDE on the first attempt. The entire history is uploaded to CAAPID and schools. Like me, we are stuck with attempts. Every school looks at attempts, unfortunately. However, there is a strong sense that Rutgers does not like any attempts.

They will see your attempt on NBDE 1/2 from ADA unfortunately even if you cleared INBDE on the first attempt. The entire history is uploaded to CAAPID and schools. Like me, we are stuck with attempts. Every school looks at attempts, unfortunately. However, there is a strong sense that Rutgers does not like any attempts.
Have you gotten any interviews so far ?
Did you clear inbde ?
So does that mean it’s better to switch career ?

Have you gotten any interviews so far ?
Did you clear inbde ?
So does that mean it’s better to switch career ?
1) I have gotten interviews this cycle. I did NBDE 1/2 a while ago (more than 5 years now)
2) You do not need to switch careers, you have to make your profile better by what other things you have done in and outside of dentistry. Colleges look for candidates that go above and beyond dentistry when they apply. I have seen some people get in the first cycle. (they have no right to claim they struggled, but I see them on youtube as they have been through so much. The don't know the half of it!)

Members don't see this ad :)
1) I have gotten interviews this cycle. I did NBDE 1/2 a while ago (more than 5 years now)
2) You do not need to switch careers, you have to make your profile better by what other things you have done in and outside of dentistry. Colleges look for candidates that go above and beyond dentistry when they apply. I have seen some people get in the first cycle. (they have no right to claim they struggled, but I see them on youtube as they have been through so much. The don't know the half of it!)
Thank you so much doc . But did you have attempts in nbde ?