If Your COM had a Mascot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnonymousD.O.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mascot - a person, animal, or object used as a symbol to represent a group (such as a sports team) and to bring good luck (webster)

So I go to VCOM - VC. First thing that comes to mind is a Hokie Bird dressed like a farmer or some other clothing that symbolizes a rural area.

Only other school that comes to mind (although I don't go here so I welcome additional comments) is for LECOM - Bradenton ....which could be a "Clown dressed in a Suit"., for their notorious clowns throughout the school.....If you don't know the LECOM clown story, just do a search, very interesting. Great School by the way

250010900_b11ccf0a25_b.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

For KCUMB I'd choose a cat (duh)...eating burnt ends...but dressed in camouflage because much of our administration served in the military.

Heavy breathing

Reactions: 1 user
ATSU-SOMA and KCOM would be Elmer Fudd with an AT Still-style beard and a femur instead of a gun.

DMU Could be a monk or something.

Liberty could be a... well, let's not go there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For KCUMB I'd choose a cat (duh)...eating burnt ends...but dressed in camouflage because much of our administration served in the military.

Heavy breathing
Or maybe we could just be purple JayGangroos. Probably 80-90% of people ask if you go to UMKC or KU anyway when you say you go to medical school in Kansas City, even though statistically KCUMB would be the most likely answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Marian University's thing is The Knights. Which isn't bad at all--and their athletic's logos and such are pretty nice.
tumblr_lxt4y6UPcT1qipc34o1_400.jpg

Knightro the Knight--the actual mascot tho-- he's relatively creepy. haha
nomadic-knightro.jpg

Then they dressed him up in a white coat and named him "Dr. Knightro" but you don't see this logo used much these days.
d1766ce6f239e3a6cbe3e8b2dccff914.jpg

*cough* my *cough* school's mascot would be "The Professional", but he'd be nothing like Jean Rene/Leon. Instead he'd always have a tie on. He'd never roll up his sleeves, he'd never eat or drink, and he'd always have a stoic look on his face especially when he performs CPR on someone's xiphoid. See if you can guess where I go.

professional.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
A monk? Lame

I'd like to be the lighting bonesetters thank you very much

Western University

tumblr_lfgvzkxwRd1qbore2o1_500.jpg

Because... humanism.

Reactions: 3 users
For NSUCOM It'd be a bag of money with a huge handlebar mustache on it

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LMU-DCOM
abolish_sleevery_abraham_lincoln_poster-re1a66732f89b4578b9176ac7b849c91e_zec_8byvr_512.jpg

Seems to be shortage of sleeves in East Tennessee

Reactions: 8 users
The ghost of AT still, Kentucky fried colonel sanders faced era, circa 19 something. With a bone in hand, of course.

*cough* my *cough* school's mascot would be "The Professional", but he'd be nothing like Jean Rene/Leon. Instead he'd always have a tie on. He'd never roll up his sleeves, he'd never eat or drink, and he'd always have a stoic look on his face especially when he performs CPR on someone's xiphoid. See if you can guess where I go.

FLEECOM, erm, I mean, LECOM?

Perfect. So perfect.

You guys seriously aren't allowed to roll up your shirt sleeves?

Haha, no we "are". But we have been repeatedly told that it's "not professional" by certain individuals and also that if we are ever in a scenario where we represent LECOM or an official picture is taken we have to have our sleeves down.

Obviously Touro would have to either be a the raging bull or a fighting Rabbis. So since TouroCOM is located in NYC the most obvious mascot is the golden idol of all NYC. A literal idol. Wall Street's golden bull
downtown_touro.jpg

Alternatively: The Fighting Rabbis. And we'd all learn jew-jitsu (I apologize to my abrahamic brothers for the horrible pun)
les-aventures-de-rabbi-jacob-o.gif