If you're coming to Rochester (U of R), read this...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davincicode

Bio-Linguist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

If you're coming to Rochester, drop me a line. I'm just finishing up my first year of med school year, and have had an amazingly wonderful time. If you have any questions/wanna know more/etc etc., do drop me a message and I'll get back to you (tho do bear with me right now since med school is going to end in a week--woohoo!).

Take care,
VS

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man. I'm actually in Rochester right now (from Tucson, AZ) looking for (and actually finding) a place to live. I'll be here for the rest of the weekend, though I hear that the first years have tests going on, so good luck with those. I wouldn't mind going out for lunch/dinner sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

Check out the Lilac Festival!

I don't actually know what's going on. But I'm going to volunteer there on Sunday I think. I say I think because I was supposed to be e-mailed info about it but nobody ever did.

So I might just show up and work the welcome desk anyway and just give made-up information.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i went to the lilac festival on tuesday and it sucked. maybe because it was early in the week...maybe not all of the booths were set up?? but compared to other years it was pathetic. i was hoping to find jewelry and stuff but all i found was lots of greasy food. maybe it will be better today and tomorrow?? :confused:

I've never been before. At first I was just pissed cause they blocked off my normal route to Strong.

I'm going to be in Rochester all day tomorrow. Does anyone want to meet up near campus for lunch? I've been driving around a little but still generally have no idea where anything is other than where I'm going to live next year, the campus, and my hotel. So yeah, I'd like to get a group together if anyone wants...

if you do go to the festival today...let me know if there is fun jewelry there????? thanks!!!!! :thumbup: :love:

Larsitron said:
I'm going to be in Rochester all day tomorrow. Does anyone want to meet up near campus for lunch? I've been driving around a little but still generally have no idea where anything is other than where I'm going to live next year, the campus, and my hotel. So yeah, I'd like to get a group together if anyone wants...

Hey there... I sent you a private message. Though us first years have exams starting tomorrow, I'd be happy to meet up for a bit this evening. One of my friends and I will actually be at the med center studying, so check your message and let me know what's up.

davincicode said:
Hey there... I sent you a private message. Though us first years have exams starting tomorrow, I'd be happy to meet up for a bit this evening. One of my friends and I will actually be at the med center studying, so check your message and let me know what's up.

I totally would be up with that, but my research job just called and they need me to get some stuff ready for tomorrow. So I'll be working too, but I need access to my electronic journals. I'll be back in June though...

Kazema said:
I've never been before. At first I was just pissed cause they blocked off my normal route to Strong.
:) Yeah, the traffic backups and reroutes during the festival are a huge pain but it's still a nice event.

Yah I was there today, worked the info booth from 10-1 and gave vague directions to dozens of people! Seemed pretty cool overall, even got some free CDs from the WBER booth. Wish it had been warmer though.