I'l be damned if I quit now and you should feel the same.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having given some thought, I am soooo close to the year in which I hope to matriculate(2012), that to come this far, I would've regretted not going just a little further and settling into something that doesn't challenge me as much. If I can just get into one of these SMPs next year, where I just go to class, focus on my studies, and not having to mentally juggle around school and work like I've had to do for quite some time, I will do just fine, and I'll get into someone's medical school.

My chin is back up. For those of you who have had doubts, keep at it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

i quit my job as an over the road driver, took a much less paying job working nights and got a job working weekends at the hospital. my wife was an at home wife and now she works from home just as much as i do, and basically raises the kids because i am always gone. everytime i get discouraged i think about everything i have done and everything she has done and quiting now would make all that work go down the drain. i agree completely and it helps just look at it all when things get tough.

i did quit once. i originally planned to go straight from undergrad and literally applied and withdrew my primary application because i didnt truly feel i could balance a family life AND medical school. i took 6 months and really thought about it and realized that truly, there is absolutely nothing else in the world id rather do. we WILL make it work!!! so here i am, back in the game:cool: i am going to work for a couple years, though, then apply to matriculate in 2013.

southpaw, thanks for the encouragement!!! i seriously wish you the very best of luck and know you will get in somewhere great!:luck::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
funny-pictures-kitten-is-sort-of-fierce.jpg

RAWR! :D

Thank you for this.

I'll add, **** the haterz and to hell with the competition. Find your best and top it.