IL MPJE 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilsweetpea01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I passed! If anyone needs advice let me know. I took it on Saturday (literally the last day before the new update). I think the exam will be the same difficulty wise just more questions will be added. Honestly, it was a hard test, but it's not impossible to pass. The questions are pretty straightforward. I knew maybe 10 for sure and the rest I was stuck between two possible answers. Biggest tip: GO WITH YOUR GUT!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how long did you spend preparing and what study tools did you use to prepare?

I spent about a week and used professor Rickert's 2015 notes for Illinois CSA/ Pharmacy Practice Act. I bought practice exams from prempje, which helped in remembering the different law, and did flash cards of basic terms and dates.

The exam is pretty straightforward in regards to the questions. Being stuck between two right anwsers is what makes it hard so you have to choose the most correct choice. Always go with the anwser that's more strict. Make sure you know Pharmacy Practice in and out. I had a majority of the questions on PIC, pharmacist, pharmacy technician roles. Know things that go and don't go on a Rx labels. Know when it's okay to take an oral Rx for CIIs. Know which schedule a drug belongs to based on calculating the amount per 100 ml and per dose.

Most people study longer than I did, but I didn't want to take the updated version and pay extra. I studied about 4 to 5 hours everyday. I read throught the notes twice, did flash cards every day, and then did practice questions.

Do not underestimate the exam especially with this new change. Make sure you really know the laws and you'll be fine. Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you.

Hey guys,

I passed! If anyone needs advice let me know. I took it on Saturday (literally the last day before the new update). I think the exam will be the same difficulty wise just more questions will be added. Honestly, it was a hard test, but it's not impossible to pass. The questions are pretty straightforward. I knew maybe 10 for sure and the rest I was stuck between two possible answers. Biggest tip: GO WITH YOUR GUT!
What material did you use to study? I am moving to IL from California and transferring my license but have no idea where to obtain study materials from. Not taking my exam until march due to work. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.