ILE Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usma05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a good reason to not opt out of the ILE board? My understanding is I have 3 looks after completing CCC, and it's for designation for the in residence course...which I'm pretty certain is not in my best interests. I likely will do ILE, but unless there is a reason to do something other than the distance learning I probably will elect to opt out of the board.

Also, the commitment for ILE is 2 years, served concurrently...correct? I ask because I have a 5 year commitment still, and I'll probably see LTC. To me, doing it sometime in the next 3 years so as to not extend my 5 years is ideal. I welcome any suggestions or comments.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure the in residence course is miserable but will your command give you the time to do the distance learning course during working hours or will it be all on your own time (ie two jobs)? Cause if its the latter, you might want to suck it up and go to ILE (then you can post here as part of your work about how amazing the Army is, gotta love those ILE posts).

Does anybody have a good reason to not opt out of the ILE board? My understanding is I have 3 looks after completing CCC, and it's for designation for the in residence course...which I'm pretty certain is not in my best interests. I likely will do ILE, but unless there is a reason to do something other than the distance learning I probably will elect to opt out of the board.

Also, the commitment for ILE is 2 years, served concurrently...correct? I ask because I have a 5 year commitment still, and I'll probably see LTC. To me, doing it sometime in the next 3 years so as to not extend my 5 years is ideal. I welcome any suggestions or comments.

There are two colleagues of mine who did the in residence course and one who is doing the online one. The two who did the in residence both had positive things to say and one out of the two is separating from the Army in the next 3-6 months. The other is staying for 20. The one who is doing the online course bitterly complains about it. I would just suck it up. If you are accepted, your command has to give you the time to go. The only thing that may prevent you from going is personal (family related).