Illinois Dept of Public Health Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BATiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal experience with this scholarship? I am about to sign a contract with them and would love hear any comments about it. I know a lot of students who have taken it, but I don't know any physicians... just wondering what the process really is like when it comes to finding a place to serve your commitment time.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, a friend of mine is completing his requirement for a year of "underserved area" work. He is actually working at a teaching hospital as a chief resident. Their chief system has people comeback for a 4th year. He seems to love it because he moonlights like crazy and completes his requirement.

My friend has a one year commitment for something like this, with IDPH. he is working as a chief resident in the city and moonlights like crazy. Their chief system has people comeback as a 4th year resident/chief. He seems happy with it and gets his time served in a familiar environment.

Sorry for the double post, I thought my first one didn't get loaded because of a "time out" after submitting. Sorry!