Illinois School of Public Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mangostrawberry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended University of Illinois School of Public Health and unfortunately have experienced some predatory behavior by white faculty. I won't name the number, but it's suspiciously high, and it was core classes too and made me feel unsafe at school. And for some strange reason there are no black males in the department. Some of the few minority faculty were a little goofy but they really didn't make me feel uncomfortable. If you are a black female I would avoid the epi/bio department. And sometimes I have felt unsafe at home with this discrimination.

Members don't see this ad.

I attended University of Illinois School of Public Health and unfortunately have experienced some predatory behavior by white faculty. I won't name the number, but it's suspiciously high, and it was core classes too and made me feel unsafe at school. And for some strange reason there are no black males in the department. Some of the few minority faculty were a little goofy but they really didn't make me feel uncomfortable. If you are a black female I would avoid the epi/bio department. And sometimes I have felt unsafe at home with this discrimination.
Is this the Chicago or Champaign campus?