I'm concerned…

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tavokeri9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I signed up for a June 18 test center last week real fast because that was the only seat I could find within an hour from my home and I thought there would be no more other seats opening up.

However, AAMC always manages to make students panic for no reason. Seats opened up at several other test centers nearby as well. I'm worried about the test center I signed up for because some of the yelp reviews have complained about slow computers and I've also heard from some people regarding technical issues and lagging with the computers.

Do you think its worth it to move my testing center to a new location and pay the $135? I'm concerned my computer will face technical problems now and ruin my MCAT score.

If money is not an issue do whatever to calm your nerves. there most likely won't be an issue at the test center, but peace of mind is always nice

Reactions: 1 user
If money is not an issue do whatever to calm your nerves. there most likely won't be an issue at the test center, but peace of mind is always nice

Unfortunately, money is an issue. I'm just wondering if it's worth it regardless…I just get really nervous about these kind of things. One of my aunts kept asking about my MCAT (I told her I was taking it May 6th) but I ended up postponing that one to June 18 and never told her I did so because she would have made a big deal about it. Instead, I told her my test crashed towards the end and AAMC made me reschedule. Now I'm worried that lie is going to come true somehow at this center…it's silly, but I'm just scared.

Any reassuring advice that can make me see how unreasonable this thinking is? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, money is an issue. I'm just wondering if it's worth it regardless…I just get really nervous about these kind of things. One of my aunts kept asking about my MCAT (I told her I was taking it May 6th) but I ended up postponing that one to June 18 and never told her I did so because she would have made a big deal about it. Instead, I told her my test crashed towards the end and AAMC made me reschedule. Now I'm worried that lie is going to come true somehow at this center…it's silly, but I'm just scared.

Any reassuring advice that can make me see how unreasonable this thinking is? lol

All I can say is chill out, everything will be okay. If some major test site disaster happens they will make up for it. You'll be fine

You're fine they're not gonna have computers that can't handle the very simple MCAT exam program.

On a side note, be aware of the location of the computer power cord. I resident I know unplugged her computer mid step-1 and still blames the stress on not doing better on that exam :eek:

Why are you looking at test center reviews on Yelp...calm down you are fine. Save the money, buy some drinks

Since when do people review test centers on yelp

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
You're fine they're not gonna have computers that can't handle the very simple MCAT exam program.

On a side note, be aware of the location of the computer power cord. I resident I know unplugged her computer mid step-1 and still blames the stress on not doing better on that exam :eek:

Oh god I'd probably jump out the window