I’m confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dBanj2025

Reaction score
A non trad student, single parent (father), with full time job. I started my prerequisites for Med sch online (UNE) in 2020 during the pandemic. I’m still taking some courses even after the pandemic. Everything I read online tells me most Med schools don’t accept online courses. I started during the pandemic so thought I could just continue that way. And it looks like this is the only way I can take these classes. I’m worried and confused. Any advise?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken any courses in person?

A non trad student, single parent (father), with full time job. I started my prerequisites for Med sch online (UNE) in 2020 during the pandemic. I’m still taking some courses even after the pandemic. Everything I read online tells me most Med schools don’t accept online courses. I started during the pandemic so thought I could just continue that way. And it looks like this is the only way I can take these classes. I’m worried and confused. Any advise?
I took some online courses as well through my regular uni and had to do a lot of digging for which schools would accept which classes. I definitely recommend getting MSAR. From what I saw, public schools tended to be friendlier towards accepting online classes. Many private schools consider them on a case-by-case basis, some accept them outright, and many also do not accept them. If you did not take the lab portions of pre-requisite science courses in person, you may encounter more difficulties as well (some schools were willing to tolerate online lecture but in-person lab). I'm also unsure about how taking courses at UNE is viewed. I think there may be some differences between how taking a few online classes at a "regular" uni versus a primarily online uni are perceived. I also echo the advice to reach out to individual schools that you are interested in.

Reactions: 1 user