IM Fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Allergy is a good return on investment it shouldn't be lumped in with those. Median Allergy salary is just short of 400K (MGMA) with avg being low 400K. If you are a partner in a pvt practice group its not uncommon to make 500K+ at all. Endo, ID, nephro, rheum, sleep, palliative are not worth it financially (median salary is under 300K with an extra 2 years in fellowship) unless you are doing a PP rheum infusion center and caking money but i heard insurance has made those gigs more difficult now
Are these the most recent numbers? I'm just curious.
I only have 2021 which doesn't show a big difference:

Allergy: Average 361k, Median 328k
Rheum: 310K, 267K
Hospitalist IM: 318K, 307K
Hospitalist FM: 347K, 328K

Members don't see this ad.

No they arent. 380 is the median for allergy. Also academic allergy brings those numbers down. academic allergy makes about half of what PP community makes. Trust me ive spoken with tons of recently graduated fellows about contracts they are getting and attendings in pp. Allergy without question is worth the investment thats all im saying you cant lump them in with the rest of the low investment subspecialties

Hospitalist IM makes less than FM? How come?? Isn’t IM more competitive than FM in general?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
No they arent. 380 is the median for allergy. Also academic allergy brings those numbers down. academic allergy makes about half of what PP community makes. Trust me ive spoken with tons of recently graduated fellows about contracts they are getting and attendings in pp. Allergy without question is worth the investment thats all im saying you cant lump them in with the rest of the low investment subspecialties

Where is this from? If MGMA, what year is it from?