I'm just gonna say it - I'm starting to hate White people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDrewOutsidetheLines

Pink Panther & Hope Diamond
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never felt this way before coming to SDN. I grew up and went to school with Whites.

I date interracially. I date internationally.

But my life experience and reading the news and the horrible and inappropriate comments...it's all just too much.

When a White woman pulls a gun on a Black man in broad daylight in a crowded Walmart parking lot saying she was in fear for her life when witnesses say the man was 10 ft away and only asked for a cigarette light?! When everyday I read about police killing URMs....when everyday people try to justify these senseless murders and victim blame...it's all too much to handle.

It's so sad that on this site, URMs have to "hide." When I post on other forums, someone tries to "out" me and then denigrate my potential based on my GPA (which is not horrible, btw).

URMs who are trying to be supportive message me anonymously out of fear of the bigoted a--holes who post on here.

I really am getting tired of it. (Not the support, I'll take any I can get, anonymous or otherwise; I meant the fact that we have to hide ourselves and not be proud, and have to deal with macro and micro aggressions online and in real life)

Apparently unless I go to an HBCU, I'm going to be surrounded by people who think less of me because of my melanin.

And here I thought medical school attracted the brightest, most intelligent students?

Sorry for the rant. I really don't care if I'm labelled a racist. Maybe I'll delete this later, but I'm just so fed up.

My best friend I have known and loved like a sister since I was 6 just died at age 32 and I'm devastated. So maybe I'm just a little bit emotional right now.

She was White btw. Funny...I don't ever remember even having a conversation about race with her. It was never an issue.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Lol I saw your thread in Pre-Allo...yea it's definitely best to leave any discussion of URM out of that lane.

You gotta learn how to take SDN with a grain of salt. I purposely steer clear of all threads about race. There's thousands of people on this site with the same narrow-minded view that you'd be on your computer all day responding to ignorance. I'm sure you know this but those same people that posted negativity on your thread are going to be the same ones that you'll work with in the future and wouldn't dare say a word to your face. Unfortunately, that is the reality.

As far this particular thread you just started, It's really not worth it. You don't have to defend yourself to anyone. You might as well go ahead and delete it because now you've brought yourself down to their level and I would like to think that you're better than that.

...And sorry to hear about your good friend.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for your condolences, I don't know how to delete a thread tho. I don't really hate White people. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that many really believe certain things about people of color. And that these same a-holes get into medical school with those limiting narrow-minded beliefs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Not in agreement or do I condone the title, even if it was made at the time of distress, nor the message bundled into it. I also don't agree to the points made by you, in general, that were made in the thread that sparked this new thread — just have to be upfront about that, don't fight prejudice with prejudice. Though, the points made besides the title I believe to be mostly fair in the context of the victim blaming that is used against AAs. Indeed, I fervently believe that one of the largest reasons I had a successful time applying to medical school and as a premed was because I didn't post or check SDN at the time. For this reason, I think it's very important for URMs to not use this site for guidance. Instead, I think they should focus on finding mentors in real life and pretty much stick the search function to avoid the haters. If you can't find a real one because of your locale, find a reliable mentor/friend on SDN or elsewhere online.

I still recall one legacy member telling me I should agree with him because Clarence Thomas, another black men (also one of the biggest sell outs ever), had the same opinion as him and as such I should naturally agree with another black man. From then, I took a nice SDN hiatus. I had no idea how they know that all black people secretly attend our yearly black people retreat to ensure our unanimous decision, I'll have to let Obama know we've been outed. However, today I think you're in the wrong.

Anyways, I feel most caucasians have been more than supportive, it's the "model minorities" that pull my chain the most by trying to make sure they join the prejudice to ensure they're not at the bottom of the totem pole. Though, I find some AA's (being the model minority in this example) are just as quick to do this against the new incoming minority who have for whatever reason yet to assimilate.

In general, I'd gladly trade my "advantage" in admission for the right to: open carry (even if I don't want to personally), walk around late at night w/o being bothered or suspected of anything, or be reasonably assured that if I'm harassed by the police I'll have justice and not just a memorial walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to say it cause no one will. You were wrong today and blaming white people for it is going to get you no where. I really hate when people use the race card/ privilege in situations where it doesn't apply and that's why I called you out on it. This is not the place. If you want some change come March with us out in the real world and don't take your frustrations out on SDN because no one decided to coddle you. What happened to you today was something that happens to pre-meds every day on this site regardless of race. There has been instances of racism but this was not one. If you come on here asking questions be prepared to take everything with a grain of salt and have a thick skin. What gets me is that you already know this and still you play into that angry black women stereotype. You know how SDN is so why set yourself up for failure. Now I'm not condoning what the guy said but you should know better by now and not allow SOMEONE ELSE to take your joy or motivation. Say thank you and keep it moving. It's so not even worth it at the end of the day. I expected more from you.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.