I'm livid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samiam0252003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would put more to the title, but no need for the censorship to stop this forum from posting. I'm livid, because it's kinda a big deal to me, because I really want to go to schools in Michigan or Ohio, because I'm a Mich resident and don't want to go out too far..family...etc. But I got an e-mail saying from OSU, that they didn't recieve my observation hours and that they'll reject my app if I don't turn them in. I was just pissed at the fact I mailed in my hours back in the middle of june when i submitted my app with the address addsas gave me. So I'm in an awe on what to do, because I don't think I have the time to make it up or right away give them what they need, even though I sent it and did everything right. Did anyone else have issues with this? Should I just realize I should give up or try something?

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are unbelievable! If giving up is even in your vocabulary you should NOT go into dentistry. Just send the info back in ASAP...this stuff happens. Two schools misplaced my application fee for grad school and in 2004, one lost my DAT scores. You just have to accept that they are getting a lot of correspond. from people and things will get misplaced. You probably are not the only one. Be kind, be courteous, explain your situation to them and tell them the new info is on the way. Am I missing something?

samiam0252003 said:
I would put more to the title, but no need for the censorship to stop this forum from posting. I'm livid, because it's kinda a big deal to me, because I really want to go to schools in Michigan or Ohio, because I'm a Mich resident and don't want to go out too far..family...etc. But I got an e-mail saying from OSU, that they didn't recieve my observation hours and that they'll reject my app if I don't turn them in. I was just pissed at the fact I mailed in my hours back in the middle of june when i submitted my app with the address addsas gave me. So I'm in an awe on what to do, because I don't think I have the time to make it up or right away give them what they need, even though I sent it and did everything right. Did anyone else have issues with this? Should I just realize I should give up or try something?

yeah, i am confused as well :confused: , didn't you keep some sort of hard copy of whatever it was you sent and can't you just call the school and FAX it to them??

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't mean giving up on applying all around, i'm just saying on OSU, because silly me didn't make a copy of my observation sheets and I have nothing to give them or remail, except what they see on my application under dental experience. I did try sending them a courteous e-mail explaining the situation. But I don't know where things go from there.

samiam0252003 said:
I didn't mean giving up on applying all around, i'm just saying on OSU, because silly me didn't make a copy of my observation sheets and I have nothing to give them or remail, except what they see on my application under dental experience. I did try sending them a courteous e-mail explaining the situation. But I don't know where things go from there.

Why can't you go back to the dentist(s) you observed and get them to write you a letter indicating your observations hours and fax it in?

medalist888 said:
where on the aadsas app do you need to attach a sheet of observation hours? is the dentist supposed to note how many hours you've shadowed in the LOR?

You list it under the dental experience section. (Go to the my application tab, go to additional, and click on dentistry experience).