I'm stupid so need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRealDrZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about when they ask about what controls male sexual response. I know that it's "point and shoot", for para and symp. Now, Erection is para, emission is symp, and actual ejaculation is somatic, so when they ask about ejaculation on the test, I put somatic? I was just wondering about how this little pneumonic helps or if I'm reading way too much into this... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

ok...i don't think that I was ever aware that ejac. was somatic. I thought erection=para ejac=symp, and that's it. But I see here in FA that they mention the 'emission' then ejac is visceral and somatic. hmmm.

maybe the muscles that have peristaltic action are the somatic/visceral component? maybe? :confused:

perhaps something about retrograde ejaculation if the somatics are somehow screwed up? meaning you do shoot...it just doesnt wind up going where its supposed to because of the lack of somatic propulsion?
dunno

According to Kaplan Physio(Robert Dunn) ejaculation contrary to commonly held opinion ejaculation is Not parasympathetically mediated; rather it is mediated by somatic motor efferents.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if they ask on the test about ejaculation...do we put sympathetic or somatic? :confused:

ejaculation= contraction of the bulbospongiosus muscles bilaterally (obviously), right? if so that would be somatic.

Thank you much...I was just trying to get this square before I put sympathetic on the test because of point and shoot and got it wrong. :thumbup:

This is what I had heard once upon a time:
Parasympathetic: Point
Sympathetic: shoot
So just point and shoot.
Thanks

Thats' what I heard too, but I read that it's somatic not sympathetic...hence the question post