Imagine Getting Arrested for carrying your badge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EMT2ER-DOC said:

It's probably not a good idea to wear a badge if you are in EMS.

Image what a shooter will think when you show up to a shooting. You will look very similar to a police officer.

I know that my entire uniform came from a police supply store. Even if I was in plain clothes, the badge would make me appear as an undercover officer.

Wearing a badge as an EMS person is just asking to get shot.

I agree with OSUdoc08. I suppose it depends on where you work, but I would never wear a badge as an EMT/Medic. Not only does it increase the chances that you get confused with a police officer (which is bad in other ways besides the potential for getting shot), but I think it makes you look kinda like a tool haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
fiznat said:
I agree with OSUdoc08. I suppose it depends on where you work, but I would never wear a badge as an EMT/Medic. Not only does it increase the chances that you get confused with a police officer (which is bad in other ways besides the potential for getting shot), but I think it makes you look kinda like a tool haha.

Bingo!

The people that wear badges around are also the ones that have scanners in their truck (who show up to scenes when off duty.)

His badge was in his briefcase. He wasn't parading around with it one his belt like a UC. This is absurd.

OSUdoc08 said:
Bingo!

The people that wear badges around are also the ones that have scanners in their truck (who show up to scenes when off duty.)

In New Jersey, we call such people "whackers"

CatsandCradles said:
In New Jersey, we call such people "whackers"

I believe Pee-Wee Herman was arrested for that.

EMT2ER-DOC said:

I'm having trouble understanding where the criminal offense is in this case. They found an EMT badge in his briefcase. What crimes was the accused charged with? I don't know how the US system works, but I'm assuming you possess certificates/IDs with your EMT number and name. If not, then I would see the warrant in carrying a badge in case you are questioned off-duty when dealing with a patient.

OSUdoc08 said:
Bingo!

You forgot to add the 4 pagers that they have around their belt. 2 of them are squad pagers and 2 of them are FD pagers. And the stations are only 10 minutes apart from each other.

These are usually the dumbest hogs out there too.