IMG in NEUROLOGY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

residenttobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post here if you know of any neurology program that accepts IMGs. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any specific knowledge about programs, but my impression is that neurology is a very IMG friendly field. I would imagine that finding a program would not be difficult for an IMG with decent board scores.

I think all programs would take IMG if they are qualified. I don't think any program has IMG exclusion policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
kasimagore1 said:
I think all programs would take IMG if they are qualified. I don't think any program has IMG exclusion policy.

The University of Michigan does not accept application from FMGs - Why? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info. Mollaret, are you 100% sure about that? That's sad because I really like their program :(

UCLA accepts application from IMG's. However, IMG's must submit a copy of ECFMG and FLEX certificates, and letter from the Medical Board of California affirming eligibility. I got the above information from the online brochure. Good luck with your application process.

Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia has an excellent Neurology program that welcomes imgs.

Reactions: 1 user
residenttobe said:
Please post here if you know of any neurology program that accepts IMGs. Thank you.

I know for sure that University of Arizona has accepted some IMGs .

KWS