Immunizing Certificate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Longhorn08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my immunizing certification from 6 years ago. For the past 4 years, I've done 0 immunizations. I've been in different areas of pharmacy where I haven't needed it.

I am now working where I will need it. I recall only being trained for Pneumo & Flu. Do I need to go back and be retrained for all of the other ones I am now allowed to administer?

I've tried looking through the APhA website, VA laws, and google, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nope certificate covers ALL. Some of the RPh I work with now are complaining because we just started doing zostavax and it's subQ. They feel that they should get a "refresher" but none offered so far so they just have me, the intern do it if they dont feel like it.

Great. Thanks. That's what I was thinking...

I really don't mind doing then, but I do feel sorry for my first few patients!!! o_O

[QUOTE="Longhorn08/]

I really don't mind doing then, but I do feel sorry for my first few patients!!! o_O[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Im in the same boat. Trying to see if any of my co-workers need anything to use as practice:D