Veterinary Impact of W's on Vet School Admissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Admins, please feel free to let me know if formatting is incorrect, this is my first post on SDN! I am currently a pre-vet student in my sophomore year, and had a quick question regarding W's. In Spring of 2021, I was extremely sick due to the aftereffects of Covid and was in and out of the hospital 7 times while trying to take 21 units. Miraculously, I got an A in Bio and Stats as well as my Animal Science classes, however for two GE courses (one for "lifelong understanding and development", the other for "critical thinking") I got B's due to being in the hospital during group projects, which the professors gave me no leniency for. However, today I found out I can request these B's to be dropped from my transcripts and that I can retake courses for both categories over Winter break at my local community college. However, as a result I will have two W's on my transcripts; but, they will no longer impact my GPA and I will be able to get back up to a 4.0. Will W's have a negative impact on my chances of admission? Nobody at my school seems to know, and thus I'd be extremely grateful for any input from anyone here. Thank you so much in advance!

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.