importance of retaining info from pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

Asides from simply getting the A grade how important is it to actually retain info from classes like bio 1+2, gen chem 1+2, orgo 1+2, physics 1+2, bio chem, pysch, sociology in order to do well on MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about retaining all the details for the MCAT while you're taking the classes. Retaining general concepts and how topics fit together is important though and will make your studying a lot smoother.

I wouldn't worry about retaining all the details for the MCAT while you're taking the classes. Retaining general concepts and how topics fit together is important though and will make your studying. a lot smoother.
Okay but am I suppose to learn the concepts in order to get questions right from specific MCAT book? I hear going over wrong concepts on missed questions from practice tests help too.

Learning concepts before you actually start MCAT studying will save you a bunch of time.

And ABSOLUTELY yes, make sure you go over your practice exams after taking them. That's the only way you really know how to improve. A lot of people who do well will spend 4-8 hours going over their exams after taking them.