In a little bit of a bind here... Need some advice/collaboration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Necr0sis713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, first off. I know you guys can't "solve my problem" but given we're all like minded individuals here, I figured I would ask/vent here:

I'm kind, I'm kind of in a bind here. I'm wrapping up my first semester as a post bacc at UIC with an A in both gen chem 1 and bio. I might get a c+ in physics but if I'm really lucky.... a b.

This summer I'm gonna take gen chem 2 and physics 2. I have the option of taking them both at UIC. However, UIC is known to be very difficult, and I'm concerned that I'm gonna slip behind in physics again. Now, I can take these classes both at a CC, but I'm worried that it would look bad on my application. Any thoughts on this? I know that if I study hard I can pull a good grade in both classes, considering the fact that I got the hang of physics now. I did bad for physics 1 because it was my first science intensive semester after years of doing psych for my BA, and was rusty on my math and computational skills. Regardless, I got an a in bio and chem.

Now my second concern: I couldn't get the organic chemistry 1 lab this fall at UIC. This sucks because I was planning on taking organic chem 1, cell bio , and anatomy in the fall. Then biochem and orgo chem 2 in the spring. If I dont get orgo chem lab at UIC, then I'll have to take my classes at Dominican university via their post bacc program. I'm kind of worried because UIC is a reputable university, while Dominican, from what I undertand, doesn't have that good of a reputation.

Do mee schools really take into account the schools reputation if I'm gonna take the same classes at both? However, at Dominican I would have to take advanced anatomy and either histology or endocrinology instead of cell bio and a&p. but I would be taking biochem and orgo chem 2 in the spring.

I really wanna stay at UIC but due to my registration status, I get the worse registration times

Members don't see this ad.