In need of advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megan801

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently finishing up my last semester of undergrad and had applied this cycle with a two interviews but so far no acceptances (one wait list). I am considering applying to some postbac programs because I have seen a ton of success stories where applicants had lower stats from undergrad, aced the postbac classes, and got into an amazing school. However, since the grades will not be released upon applying next cycle do I have to wait two cycles to reapply? And how helpful is this? I don't know what to do but my only interest in life is to become a doctor and I just need to figure out the best path to do it.
Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. My current stats are MCAT 32 cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.2

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently finishing up my last semester of undergrad and had applied this cycle with a two interviews but so far no acceptances (one wait list). I am considering applying to some postbac programs because I have seen a ton of success stories where applicants had lower stats from undergrad, aced the postbac classes, and got into an amazing school. However, since the grades will not be released upon applying next cycle do I have to wait two cycles to reapply? And how helpful is this? I don't know what to do but my only interest in life is to become a doctor and I just need to figure out the best path to do it.
Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. My current stats are MCAT 32 cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.2

Many of the formal post-bacc programs (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, JHU) accept applicants who have not taken the necessary pre-req courses. These three in particular state that their programs are not suited for students who have already taken classes but need to improve their gpa. There are other programs (SMP) that you are for students who have already completed the pre-reqs but want to prove they can handle the rigor of med school.

What was your major in college and how did you do in the pre-req classes? What is the reason for the 3.2 sGPA (one class, many classes)?