In need of some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonedrone14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone-I hate to start a thread like this because literally three or four threads down from here there is another similar one, but I felt bad hijacking the other guy's thread when it didn't really answer what I was looking for. I'm an MS3 for 3 more weeks and then begin MS4 5 weeks from now. I'm all set to apply to a different field, but recently have really been honest with myself about what I actually want in life with life/work balance etc and have all but ruled out the possibility of applying to said field. So as it stands, I'm left looking at psych or ophtho. I won't get into the debate about one vs the other or ask for advice about which I should pick, I just want to ask...is this too late in the game to begin getting things set up for ophtho? My school doesn't have any ophthalmologist's at all, and I don't have any aways set up or anything. From perusing this forum, some people are submitting their apps in like a couple weeks?!...I was feeling a little rushed about September, but now I'm really feeling the heat. Would it be foolish to try and set up some aways quickly for July and August and throw myself 100% into this, with it being June 5 already? Or is this a non issue and I'm just uninformed about how this all works?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.