In person vs virtual interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preptgirl1313

Reaction score
For any schools that are giving the option between in person and virtual interviews--does it seem more beneficial to choose one over the other? I feel as though an in person interview would allow me to be more myself and get to know the interviewer, however, I don't want to risk travel right now with COVID. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on this??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. Only one of my applied schools offers interviews but I’m still nervous about that as well! If it were me, I would make every effort to go in person. It’s not an option for everyone but I would be in more of a “interview mindset” going in person. Good luck to you!

I would pick virtual to save time on travel unless the school is in your neighborhood. Just make sure you still dress professionally if you do it online.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chose whichever option you feel you would be more comfortable with, they're not going to knock points if you chose one or the other, but they are different experiences so pick based off of how you think you'll do in each environment.

Interviews count for so very little (really they are just looking for red flags). Not worth the cost (time or money) or risk with COVID to do in person if virtual counts.