USMLE Incoming MS2 Trying to Organize Step 1 Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Printer5000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to plan the best way to use the following resources (or maybe cut some out): Zanki, NBME exams, B&B, FA, Pathoma, Sketchy, UW, USMLE-Rx, and Kaplan Q banks (I don't think I am forgetting anything)

At this point, I have gone through 8k+ zanki cards, and feel like I know MS1 material better than ever, so I want to keep doing Zanki. However, the problem is, I don't see how it is possible to keep doing Zanki while also doing B&B, Sketchy, USMLE-Rx/Kaplan, and study for MS2 exams.

What is the overall recommendation these materials while going to school? We have ~10 week dedicated period and I think it would be best to save Pathoma, UW, NBME exams, and USMLE-Rx for then (do Kaplan Q banks during class), but I have no idea what I am getting myself into.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I just need to suck it up and do the above plan.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

i like that you have had great success with Zanki - if that is your sweet spot and you're keeping up with it, GREAT keep going with it and stay consistent. I would recommend you starting your first initial MS2 modules with solely Rx or Kaplan (in tutor mode) - about six months prior to your exam, activate UW and start completing it in TIMED mode (covering the subjects that you have already done). Make notes/Anki cards as you go through it your first pass because then you will have these to refer to when you do your incorrects or subsequent passes. In terms of content, stick to a few resources - if you are going to use Pathoma, then you do not necessarily need to do B&B pathology. I would stay up to date with your organ systems MS2 year - so for example if you are doing cardiology module - prior to your school exam make sure you have completed ZANKI cardio, Pathoma cardio x 2, B&B cardio and most importantly the Rx or Kaplan questions (whichever you decide) - you can definitely do UW starting MS2 year but get your feet wet with a consistent USMLE study schedule apart from your school exams and then overlaying UW will be easy!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user