increasing font size in verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fp02c

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to do this on the mcat? I do really well on my verbal practices on paper but on the computer i have a hard time concetrating. I feel like increasing the font size would help.

EDIT: I just did a test with increased font size... done by holding control and moving the mouse and it helped ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT.. it just makes it so that i can separate the text more clearly from the background. For some reasons with computer screens I always see the screen wobble a bit which kind of blurs somethings together.. when the text is small.. it becomes increasingly hard to read.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't try but I am 99.9999% positive that you cannot do this. Most of the keyboard functions cannot be used during the actual test.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about narrowing the screen. You know how the screen is separated where one side is the passage and the other is the questions. Can we move the center divider to make the passages more of the page?

what about narrowing the screen. You know how the screen is separated where one side is the passage and the other is the questions. Can we move the center divider to make the passages more of the page?

No you cannot.

I have taken the test, and although I can't answer your question the way you want, I can tell you that the pre-set font size at my test center was HUGE. Now I realize that there can be some subjectivity to this, so all I can say is that the font size I saw was larger than that on the practice aamc cbt. At least it was in comparison to my computer setting (laptop, things tend to be smaller than they really are).

I can estimate a size of about 12 or 14 on the real test. I can't imagine wanting anything larger than that, it would just be overwhelming and require a ridiculous amount of scrolling. Hope this quelled some of your anxiety.