independent pharmacy vs. everything else (company with 401k)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Umm... you can google
"salary reduction" + "IRA"
"simple IRA"

Appreciate you bringing this back up.

Like before, all I want is what their independent does. I highly doubt most independents offer better benefits then chains.

Members don't see this ad.

Appreciate you bringing this back up.

Like before, all I want is what their independent does. I highly doubt most independents offer better benefits then chains.

Gotcha. Sorry, I've been skipping on a lot of the back and forths lately. Thought you wanted hypothetical scenarios. Well, there are plenty there.
Amazon is here. So really, none of this will matter anyhow pretty soon.:ninja:

Gotcha. Sorry, I've been skipping on a lot of the back and forths lately. Thought you wanted hypothetical scenarios. Well, there are plenty there.
Amazon is here. So really, none of this will matter anyhow pretty soon.:ninja:

No problem, I understand the perks but let's be honest how many new pharmacists want a job that puts 25k into a retirement plan? They want the money to spend and pay loans off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Benefits are great and all but if working at big chain retail sucks the life out of you and you live like a zombie, is having little bit of money really worth it? It will probably shorten your life span too with all the stress. Choose independent and cut down your living cost, id say.

Benefits are great and all but if working at big chain retail sucks the life out of you and you live like a zombie, is having little bit of money really worth it? It will probably shorten your life span too with all the stress. Choose independent and cut down your living cost, id say.

Or cut your living cost and retire even earlier with the higher salary.

Or cut your living cost and retire even earlier with the higher salary.

Yes, but i suppose at this point you have to consider how stressful you want to be. Almost everyone i know moves on after a few years being at cvs or wag due to exact same reason. Still havent met anyone that worked at big chain retail long enough to retire early.

If you get married and your spouse has great benefits, none of this would even matter haha

If you get married and your spouse has great benefits, none of this would even matter haha

Issue is I believe we're talking new grads, someone like me that has been working for awhile it might be ok but I think my job is pretty easy.

Issue is I believe we're talking new grads, someone like me that has been working for awhile it might be ok but I think my job is pretty easy.

Well its a crap shoot isnt it? Ive worked at stores where every ran so smoothly and techs were awesome. This is really rare though. Most places ive floates to or worked at, i would not want to go back had i had a choice to leave for hospital or independent.

If youre a pm at a well-run store, youre the lucky few no? Haha