Info for those that took Step 2CK with new software 8/15-8/25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EW1779

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
called today. scores are being released next wednesday 10/5. just one more week....

Members don't see this ad.

EW1779 said:
called today. scores are being released next wednesday 10/5. just one more week....
I'm sure you didn't ask specifically, but do you happen to know what's up with the release of the scores from the following week (took mine 9/3) *FONGERS CROSSED*

Does anyone know if the new version of step II CK (FRED) is one where it ramps up the degree of difficulty of questions for subsequent blocks depending upon how you performed on the previous blocks? There were some rumors that this is the case.

Snacker said:
Does anyone know if the new version of step II CK (FRED) is one where it ramps up the degree of difficulty of questions for subsequent blocks depending upon how you performed on the previous blocks? There were some rumors that this is the case.
Nope, pretty sure it does not do this. They would have to state that on the website... which they don't. And I didn't feel like it was the case when I took it either.

Members don't see this ad :)
took 2 ck: 8/17
results: 10/5

studied 3.5 weeks
waited 7 weeks

step1: 223 step2: 237

I took Step 2CK in Peoria, Illinois on 12 Sep. Results back from my school yesterday, about 3.5 weeks. And, yes, I used the FRED software. So, for what it's worth, it seems that the delay might have already been resolved by the time mid-September rolled around. Or maybe I got lucky. :)

(And, yes, I did decently, thank you very much. :)