Info on NYC-based programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSkoolFlunky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a DO student, committed to psych, who is looking for programs in the NYC area (within an hour's drive?) My wife is in school in the city for the next few years and I am looking to accommodate.

I know many of the programs in the area, but I am specifically looking for feedback, from people who are doing residencies there, or at least have done a rotation at local sites.

I am not particular about the "austerity" of the program. I am looking for programs that will provide me with a wide scope of pathology, strong education and internal support and warmth. Psychotherapy training is a strong plus for me as well!

I am looking to set up my fourth-year electives over the next few weeks, and would clearly like to check some of these locations out. Pretty please, help me whittle down my list?

PS: any info on whether programs are DO-friendly would be extra-helpful.
PPS: any info on Sinai's triple-board program (and its competitiveness) is extra-extra-helpful.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm a DO student, committed to psych, who is looking for programs in the NYC area (within an hour's drive?) My wife is in school in the city for the next few years and I am looking to accommodate.

I know many of the programs in the area, but I am specifically looking for feedback, from people who are doing residencies there, or at least have done a rotation at local sites.

I am not particular about the "austerity" of the program. I am looking for programs that will provide me with a wide scope of pathology, strong education and internal support and warmth. Psychotherapy training is a strong plus for me as well!

I am looking to set up my fourth-year electives over the next few weeks, and would clearly like to check some of these locations out. Pretty please, help me whittle down my list?

PS: any info on whether programs are DO-friendly would be extra-helpful.
PPS: any info on Sinai's triple-board program (and its competitiveness) is extra-extra-helpful.

Thanks!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=807518