Info on WestCoast University Los Angeles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For me, I am just wait listed. She said I didn't get chosen for the spring option. Which makes my chances very very slim of getting in. She said I need to raise my prerequisite GPA to 3.7 if I want to reapply. She said that is the exception to having a Overall GPA lower than 3.0. She also said you are only allowed to reapply once!

She definitely said 3.7 is the lowest if you have a cum GPA lower than a 3.0?? I asked her what my chances were if my prereqs were slightly under 3.7 and she did not give a straight answer. Please let me know soon, thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Yes she definitely said if I want to reapply I have to raise my prerequisite GPA to a 3.7. This is because my overall GPA is just below a 3.0.

I just got my acceptance letter for fall of this year what is the facebook name so I can join it?? YAY YAY WHOOP WHOOP! !!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted into West Coast University's MOT program for the Fall 2014 cohort. Is anybody looking for a roommate?
How did you find a roommate please? I am looking for one? Just got in for Fall 2015.:)

I was accepted for the Fa 2014 cohort at West Coast University. Is anyone looking for a roommate for Fa 2014 or know of a place to find affordable and safe room for rent besides Craigslist and Padmapper? Thanks in advance
How did you find a place to stay or a roommate please? I am looking for a place to stay or someone to room with that is affordable please? Just got in for Fall 2015

I also just finished my first trimester at WCU and it was intense but I feel confident that this school is going to prepare me well for my future practices! The staff is amazinnggg! If you guys do decide to attend, be prepared, it'll be tough but definetely worth it :]
If you guys are interviewing...GOOD LUCK!! DON'T BE NERVOUS! YOU'LL BE FINE
Hi I am going to be starting my first trimester this fall. I had some questions about the program mostly about the classes and books. I was just curious if you used every book that was required?

I got accepted!!

For all those who didn't get accepted or got waitlisted.. don't give up. This is my third year applying. Strengthen your application, rock your interviews and just don't give up.
Hey congrats I was accepted as well. Have you met any of your classmates ?

For those who were accepted for the 2015 Fall start date (Orange Cohort), has anyone purchased books yet?

@LateBloomerOT
I was just invited for an interview with WSU, any suggestions on what I can expect?

This goes for the entire thread too!! Thanks guys!

Did anyone that got accepted (or asked the school) apply while still doing their undergraduate? It states on their site that you can still apply if you are finishing up your undergraduate degree, but then it says every prerequisite must be finished by May 1st for Fall admission.....I don't know any school that finishes spring semester/quarter before May 1st, so what is the deal here? Most graduation ceremonies are at the end of May or beginning of June. Even USC accepts applications before you graduate and their program starts in June while WCU starts in September!
I emailed them too but thought I would get a faster answer here.
Update: Mary told me May 1st is deadline... I graduate and get grades just 3 weeks later and the program starts 4 months later in September....

Last edited:
Mary told me May 1st is deadline... I graduate and get grades just 3 weeks later and the program starts 4 months later in September....

Yes. This is exactly why I started in Spring 2015 and not in the Fall 2014, because I finished my prereqs 3 weeks past deadline.

Don't worry! Apply for Spring and have carefree summer to yourself :) as you will be stressed out for the next two years. The difference between Fall and Spring is only 4 months.

Hi all,

I have an interview coming up for the Spring Class, I am trying to prepare for the in person interview as best as possible. I have read through this thread, and to people already accepted/ in the program, what would you say the best piece of advice in preparing for the interview would be? I know that it is one-on-one, but is that one-on-one with multiple people, or are you only interviewed by one person once?

Also are there campus tours, etc.? How long should we expect to be on campus for??

Any information, tips, etc. would be SO helpful :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. This is exactly why I started in Spring 2015 and not in the Fall 2014, because I finished my prereqs 3 weeks past deadline.

Don't worry! Apply for Spring and have carefree summer to yourself :) as you will be stressed out for the next two years. The difference between Fall and Spring is only 4 months.
Having a summer break is nice, but then I would have to worry again right after lol. Would rather try to get in for fall 2016 so if I don't get in, I would know what to work on. Arrgghh their deadline still seems so dumb to me haha guess there is nothing I can do about it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I have an interview coming up for the Spring Class, I am trying to prepare for the in person interview as best as possible. I have read through this thread, and to people already accepted/ in the program, what would you say the best piece of advice in preparing for the interview would be? I know that it is one-on-one, but is that one-on-one with multiple people, or are you only interviewed by one person once?

Also are there campus tours, etc.? How long should we expect to be on campus for??

Any information, tips, etc. would be SO helpful :)
I also have an interview for the Spring 16 cohort! SO nervous but excited!!

Does anyone know how competitive the Spring Cohort is typically to get into? Also how many applicants they are interviewing? It seems as though they are interviewing applicants two fridays in a row...There weren't a ton of people at my interview but Im not sure if it was being held all day.

Does anyone know how competitive the Spring Cohort is typically to get into? Also how many applicants they are interviewing? It seems as though they are interviewing applicants two fridays in a row...There weren't a ton of people at my interview but Im not sure if it was being held all day.
Was it a one on one interview or group interview?

Received an acceptance today! Anyone else?

Me too! Congrats! I just got it an hour ago. Do you think you will be attending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too! Congrats! I just got it an hour ago. Do you think you will be attending?

Congrats! I'm not sure yet, I'm going to see if I can speak to someone in the financial aid office before I commit to the 500 deposit!

Does anyone know if you are able to defer your acceptance to the the Fall 2016 class?! I applied for this past fall and didn't get in so I applied for Spring, not even thinking I would get accepted this time. I am excited but scared at the same time at the thought of starting in January! (I live in Pennsylvania, so moving across country) I want to ask Mary but I don't want to come off as not interested right now. If anyone has experience with this situation let me know!

Does anyone know if you are able to defer your acceptance to the the Fall 2016 class?! I applied for this past fall and didn't get in so I applied for Spring, not even thinking I would get accepted this time. I am excited but scared at the same time at the thought of starting in January! (I live in Pennsylvania, so moving across country) I want to ask Mary but I don't want to come off as not interested right now. If anyone has experience with this situation let me know!

Did they send all of the acceptances yesterday do you think?

I just called, they are still sending out acceptance letters until Friday.

Your welcome ^

I didn't get accepted .. I'm waiting for csudh now.. My last hope lol. I think what hurt my chances was the essay post-interview. I should've taken more time to write a good essay.. Better luck next time!

Your welcome ^

I didn't get accepted .. I'm waiting for csudh now.. My last hope lol. I think what hurt my chances was the essay post-interview. I should've taken more time to write a good essay.. Better luck next time!
Would you mind sharing your stats? How long did you have for the essay? How long did it have to be?

I was wait listed WITH option for Fall 2016. Does anyone know how the process works for reapplying for Fall 2016? Do I resend my OT app or do they rereview the one I sent for Spring 2016? If anyone has any helpful tips or has been in this situation, please let me know. I really want to be admitted.

I had been wait listed with acceptance to Spring. I had filled out everything for Spring and Mary had let me know I was #2 on the wait list for Fall. Then she called last Friday and told me that I got into the Fall cohort. Hope that helps a little and good luck to everyone!

Hello! Congrats on being admitted. I was wait listed for Spring 2016 with offered admissions for Fall 2016. What does this mean for me? I know you were accepted into your preferred cohort, but do you have any advice for me as far as being admitted in the Fall goes? What can I do to improve my chances if I am not accepted for Spring 2016? Any tips are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

I was wait listed WITH option for Fall 2016. Does anyone know how the process works for reapplying for Fall 2016? Do I resend my OT app or do they rereview the one I sent for Spring 2016? If anyone has any helpful tips or has been in this situation, please let me know. I really want to be admitted.

I was wait listed for fall 2015 and reapplied for spring. I had to reapply to OTCAS since they just started using it, for fall it was individual. But they were able to transfer some of the documents I had to send and use them for my new application. So I am assuming for you, you will have to apply again through OTCAS. I got accepted my second time, I think it really shows you are interested when you try again right away. Try to improve your application or show you have plans to improve it (like more observation hours or something) Email Mary any questions you have [email protected], she's great at getting back to you !

I was wait listed for fall 2015 and reapplied for spring. I had to reapply to OTCAS since they just started using it, for fall it was individual. But they were able to transfer some of the documents I had to send and use them for my new application. So I am assuming for you, you will have to apply again through OTCAS. I got accepted my second time, I think it really shows you are interested when you try again right away. Try to improve your application or show you have plans to improve it (like more observation hours or something) Email Mary any questions you have [email protected], she's great at getting back to you !

Thank you so much. I appreciate it! My fingers are crossed. Congrats!

Hello! Congrats on being admitted. I was wait listed for Spring 2016 with offered admissions for Fall 2016. What does this mean for me? I know you were accepted into your preferred cohort, but do you have any advice for me as far as being admitted in the Fall goes? What can I do to improve my chances if I am not accepted for Spring 2016? Any tips are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Hello! I'm currently in my first term at west coast! My letter said I was wait listed but had also been accepted for spring 2016 if I wanted to wait. I ended up keeping my spot on the wait list as well as reserving a spot for the spring 2016 cohort, if a spot didn't end up opening for me. So I didn't have to re-apply for spring. I was number 2 on the waiting list for fall and got in! So I think it's just a matter if a space is open for spring, but if not you will start in the fall. Does that make sense? Sorry if it's confusing

Last edited:
Hello! I'm currently in my first term at west coast! My letter said I was wait listed but had also been accepted for spring 2016 if I wanted to wait. I ended up keeping my spot on the wait list as well as reserving a spot for the spring 2016 cohort, if a spot didn't end up opening for me. So I didn't have to re-apply for spring. I was number 2 on the waiting list for fall and got in! So I think it's just a matter if a space is open for spring, but if not you will start in the fall. Does that make sense? Sorry if it's confusing

Yea that makes sense! So my email said I was wait listed but that if I don't get in for the Spring I will be "offered admissions" for Fall 2016. Is that the same thing that happened to you, or does "offered admissions" just mean I have the chance to reapply?

sorry

Sorry--just realized how repetitive my post was! I just want to make sure I have a good understanding of the process. Thank you for all your help! Do you by any chance mind giving me your email? I would love to hear more about your experience in the program.

Received an acceptance today! Anyone else?
Congrats! I also have been accepted for the Spring 2016 term! I am very excited to be starting the program this January. Did anyone else get accepted?

Congrats! I also have been accepted for the Spring 2016 term! I am very excited to be starting the program this January. Did anyone else get accepted?
I got accepted for the spring 2016 term as well! I'll be attending and I'm super excited. :) Who else is attending? Anyone interested in starting a Facebook group?

I got accepted for the spring 2016 term as well! I'll be attending and I'm super excited. :) Who else is attending? Anyone interested in starting a Facebook group?
congrats to you :), I would love to apply for fall, do you mind if you give me your email address, I only need some information. thank you so much

Hello everyone!
I want to give my input on the admissions process because it was confusing to me as well when I received the email that I was selected on the waitlist for spring 2016 and "offered admissions" in the fall 2016. It was an ambiguous email and there was no congratulations so I was not sure whether or not to be excited since I did not exactly know what that meant. I emailed Mary back to clarify what was stated in the email and to also know what number I was on the waitlist. She got back to me the next day and let me know I was #1 on the wait list! So she said more likely than not I will be admitted in the spring but if that somehow does not happen I will be admitted in the fall. For those of you who got the email that you are offered admissions, than you will have a spot for the following admissions semester. Hope that helps!

I also want to say don't give up! My stats are not the best so I was always discouraged that no program would want me because it is so competitive. This was my first time applying to West Coast but my second application cycle. I was surprised that I got into West Coast but I am so appreciative that I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So if this is what you truly want to do, keep at it!

My stats:
BS in Kinesiology @ SFSU
Cum GPA: 3.19
Pre-req: don't really know but mostly B's and a sprinkle of A's
Observations: 100 hrs inpatient and 40 hrs hand therapy
I have been a rehabilitation aide (outpatient orthopedic/neuro and inpatient) for 4+ years so I have a lot of experience with OT's even though it wasn't signed observation hours. I am also a behavior instructor for children with behavioral disabilities for 8 months.

Hey!! I got in too! :) congrats!!! ... Have you submitted your deposit yet ?

How many people got the accepted for fall letter?? Seems like everyone got it. Don't know how that works for fall applicants if they already accepted like half of fall cohort lol

Congrats on getting accepted! Yes, we should start a Facebook group! :)

Does anyone know the number of applicants from this previous round? I'm applying for fall start so I just want an idea of my chances.

I just deferred my acceptance from spring to the fall 2016 semester. So whoever is up next on the waitlist of Spring (with admissions to fall) should be getting accepted soon!

congrats to you :), I would love to apply for fall, do you mind if you give me your email address, I only need some information. thank you so much
Feel free to send me a PM!