Inspector of board of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmkelly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the job as inspector of board of pharmacy?I will have an interview in a couple of months and would like to listen to some pros and cons about that.Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

How is the job as inspector of board of pharmacy?I will have an interview in a couple of months and would like to listen to some pros and cons about that.Thanks a lot!

Pro:

• The work is not physically or mentally stressful
  • Home by 5 every day
  • No weekends
  • No holidays
Con:

• The pay sucks
  • Other pharmacists hate you
  • Boredom

Members don't see this ad :)
You also have to travel a lot. I believe the starting salary for Illinois was about $50-$60k. They changed the laws to let techs with 2-3 years experience also be inspectors.

50-60k is a damn good living if you factor in state benefits

Everyone's gonna hate you. If I were you and if you wanted to make some friends, you better let things slide when you do inspections.

Pro:

• The work is not physically or mentally stressful
  • Home by 5 every day
  • No weekends
  • No holidays
Con:

• The pay sucks
  • Other pharmacists hate you
  • Boredom
I like the pros! Speaking of boredom, nothing beats retail!Everyday is routine. I can finish the work by closing one of my eyes:sleep:

You also have to travel a lot. I believe the starting salary for Illinois was about $50-$60k. They changed the laws to let techs with 2-3 years experience also be inspectors.

I don't mind traveling. However, in CA, the starting salary is more than IL.

Hi, I saw your your post and was wondering if you can tell me a bit more about the process. How long after you submitted your app until they contact you for interview? I submitted mine over two months and after receiving the ranking, I have not heard anything from the CA BoP. Thanks.

Who cares if people hate you... you see them once every year if that... it's not like a DM where you are stopping in every month. That being said the pay sucks and the job is lame.

I like the pros! Speaking of boredom, nothing beats retail!Everyday is routine. I can finish the work by closing one of my eyes:sleep:

Seriously? Excitement is one of the pros of retail over hospital. There is always something new happening in retail (customer coming in "hey, I cut off my finger, what kind of bandaid do you recommend for that?, customer going ballistic because you won't fill their expired CII, crazy stalker exboyfriend of a tech sitting in the waiting room for hours, customers always coming in with some local news or scandel)

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck with ever seeing that pension in illinois

Reactions: 1 user