Institutional Action - written up but found not responsible. Y/N?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UM_MJC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
no you should be fine

I would check with transcript and school that there is no record of anything

Nope

I received a written arrest for possessing alcohol underage at a school football tailgate. I was holding my friend's lemonade bottle, but nobody could prove that there was alcohol in it and it was my first offense, so the charge was dropped in court. As for my university, I was not allowed to attend football games until my disciplinary hearing, during which I was found "not responsible" by the university and received no punishment. Thus, I was written up, but deemed not responsible and never punished. Does this constitute IA?

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you were investigated to see if any insitutional action should be levied against you but were found innocent. Therefore no institutional action.

Great. Thank you all for your help!

Make sure you do write about your arrest and how charges were dropped on secondaries that ask for it, though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile

Make sure you do write about your arrest and how charges were dropped on secondaries that ask for it, though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile
Yes, I will disclose that when asked. Thanks!

No IA.

I was found "not responsible" by the university and received no punishment

Reactions: 1 user