Instrument -gapcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hii

What r u guys/gals ggoing to do about instruments?

how to compare which manufacturer is better than another?

Members don't see this ad.

what instruments are you referring to? Are you going to change your name to DOpride?

Hii

What r u guys/gals ggoing to do about instruments?

how to compare which manufacturer is better than another?

Welch Allyn is the only way to go in my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
Welch Alyn is the most popular choice. Don't worry tooo much about the instruments. The email I sent out was really so you guys didn't freak during your first month of school about coming up with the funds. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the costs.

Please feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.
See you next week at orientation!
Marcia

I bought embroidered satin cranial rhythm gloves. And an AOA sanctioned weight belt to lift the green Foundations book.

I bought embroidered satin cranial rhythm gloves. And an AOA sanctioned weight belt to lift the green Foundations book.

How much is welch allyn charging you guys for a set of instruments??

I'm getting mine for about $700 that had the nicer lithium ion battery and panoptic scope. I think the bottom one for the 3.5 is $500. Either way it's ok since I'm planning on running it over after med school then getting a brand new one (warranty!). The stethoscope that's recommended is the welch allen dlx for $130 and some expensive sphygmomanometer (or however it's spelt). Then we also have a $75 rebate when everything is purchased.
Tada!

I bought a tuba.

If you want another, my roommate is selling one of hers. I'm not even joking either. I live with 2 tuba majors and a trombone major. We actually have 4 tubas and 3 trombones sitting in my living room...

I'm getting mine for about $700 that had the nicer lithium ion battery and panoptic scope. I think the bottom one for the 3.5 is $500. Either way it's ok since I'm planning on running it over after med school then getting a brand new one (warranty!). The stethoscope that's recommended is the welch allen dlx for $130 and some expensive sphygmomanometer (or however it's spelt). Then we also have a $75 rebate when everything is purchased.
Tada!

Someone went a little wild at the equipment fair, eh?

If I ever saw Welch or Allyn in the grocery store, I'd punch em in the crotch.

thanks for these wonderful toys that i'll never use again, except during the holidays when mom gets all proud and wants you to check Aunt Mables blood pressure for everyone so you can show the family what a good doctor you're gonna be.

Save your money, and take Doctor E out for a bourbon neat. You'll learn exponentially more that way.