Integrative Emergency Services (IES)- Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasSurgeon

I don't pay state taxes
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wanted to ask what everyone's thoughts were on IES in the Texas area? Seems like they're the closest thing to a "decent" place that doesn't answer to PE and has been in-network with payers, so they don't seem to practice surprise billing even before it became outlawed.

Only issue I have with them is they pay lower than other places in markets. Curious if anyone, particularly those who have/are working there can share their thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask what everyone's thoughts were on IES in the Texas area? Seems like they're the closest thing to a "decent" place that doesn't answer to PE and has been in-network with payers, so they don't seem to practice surprise billing even before it became outlawed.

Only issue I have with them is they pay lower than other places in markets. Curious if anyone, particularly those who have/are working there can share their thoughts?
Started by a bunch of envision cast offs. Still a shady operation. Something is amiss there but am unsure what. From the people i have spoken to they say that these were the bottom of the Envision barrel. i havent heard much else.

Reactions: 1 users
Started by a bunch of envision cast offs. Still a shady operation. Something is amiss there but am unsure what. From the people i have spoken to they say that these were the bottom of the Envision barrel. i havent heard much else.
Interviewed there but ultimately declined. Underpaid rates compared to the envision sites but decent benefits including a good medical PPO plan, . Understaffed at most sites, especially from RN standpoint however if you are 100% RVU which is a lot of their major hospitals it makes up for it. If you are hoping for admin spot they want you to do an admin fellowship first for a year with them. They also offer 'street medicine' too. other than the fellowships they offer didn't seem to be that bad , just went a different direction for pay

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They took over the OtherShop in my town.
I had a look.
Low-ball rates at that dumpster fire?
Hard pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing great. Nothing bad. Push physician "ownership" and decision making. Rate lower than community standard. meh

Nothing great. Nothing bad. Push physician "ownership" and decision making. Rate lower than community standard. meh
How is that "physician ownership" if the rate is lower than market? Who's skimming off the top?

This I put it in quotations. They push the narrative that physicians own their work environment/have input. But end of the day, pay stinks and I still work for a cmg.

There is no physician ownership, it's not an SDG. You're an employee, just like VEA.

Similar BS game that GSEP spouts claims to be a "democratic" group yet Envision owns the contracts and they are a subcontractor.

Well :1poop:. Was also wondering about the group. My wife is attempting to stay in Houston or Dallas for fellowship. Thanks for the insight everyone.

IES is not subcontracted by or affiliated with Envision.
The group has no PE ownership, but is run similarly to a CMG in many ways; there are a few physician owners in the group. IES is divided into sub-groups which are generally regional (I am sure there are differences among them) and in each one, there are a few physicians with equity, the rest of the group is employed.
IES is in-network with payers, which may have depressed the pay relative to out of network comparators for a period of time. Difficult to say what direction this will go moving forward, though, since the out of network arbitration and claims resolution processes seem to be getting less favorable for practices and more favorable for insurers by the day.

IES is not subcontracted by or affiliated with Envision.
The group has no PE ownership, but is run similarly to a CMG in many ways; there are a few physician owners in the group. IES is divided into sub-groups which are generally regional (I am sure there are differences among them) and in each one, there are a few physicians with equity, the rest of the group is employed.
IES is in-network with payers, which may have depressed the pay relative to out of network comparators for a period of time. Difficult to say what direction this will go moving forward, though, since the out of network arbitration and claims resolution processes seem to be getting less favorable for practices and more favorable for insurers by the day.
Correct. IES is not a CMG, but it's run like one. There are a few owners and if you join the group, don't expect to be one. You'll be an employee/contractor/some kind of widget, but not an owner.

GSEP (San Antonio) is in this awkward position of being run like an SDG, but they did not hold their billing contracts - Envision did. They were subcontracted to Envision, super awkward and they did not disclose this prior to the in-person interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users