Intensive schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

How important is it to have an intensive schedule to get into med school?
Freshman year I took bio,chem, psych and sociology, with some electives.
Soph year I took organic, physics, a few psych classes for my major.
Jr year planning to take genetics and biochem with other psych classes.
Sr year only electives and core requirements

Is this intense enough or would med schools prefer someone over me who took upper level neuro classes,etc

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need a specific kind of schedule each semester in order to stand out. Take your prerequisites and everything for your major plus, maybe, a few extra things just for your own enjoyment. You stand out elsewhere through ECs and your personality.

How important is it to have an intensive schedule to get into med school?
Freshman year I took bio,chem, psych and sociology, with some electives.
Soph year I took organic, physics, a few psych classes for my major.
Jr year planning to take genetics and biochem with other psych classes.
Sr year only electives and core requirements

Is this intense enough or would med schools prefer someone over me who took upper level neuro classes,etc
As long as your grades are good and you accomplish them in a reasonable amount of time, we don't care. I don't even know what you mean by upper level Neuro!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about a super intensive schedule. Find a schedule that works for you and do well (hopefully w/ enough time to enjoy all the perks of college). People getting so burnt out trying to balance super intensive schedules and it's just not worth it.

your GPA and MCAT score is all that matters realistically, not so much on the courses you took or the difficulty of your undergrad