Interfolio useless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

torobcheh21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I signed up for Interfolio as my Letter of Rec service and now I'm trying to transfer it over to my AADSAS app...now that I look at it I have a feeling I need to ask for my letter writers to send it directly to AADSAS. Is that right or is there a way for me to send all 4 letters at once? So does that mean that interfolio is basically useless?? If someone could please explain this or share their experience on what they did that would be great.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Letter writers send the LORs to Interfolio.
Once Interfolio receives their LORs, you have the power to request deliveries from interfolio to AADSAS (~$6 fee per delivery). Add as many documents as you want in one delivery. Make sure to choose the paper option on AADSAS. :)

Once Interfolio receives their LORs, you have the power to request deliveries from interfolio to AADSAS (~$6 fee per delivery). Add as many documents as you want in one delivery. Make sure to choose the paper option on AADSAS. :)
You can send as many documents as you want to AADSAS but they will only look at a max of 4 LORs so it is not like if you had 6 LORs on Interfolio and you send all of them to AADSAS, they will only look at 4...not sure which 4. Probably, only the ones that you could do LOE Matching Forms on, which on your AADSAS application would be a limit of 4.

Members don't see this ad :)

thank you. So once I have all my letters ready and send them out to aadsas from interfolio...I print out 4 matching forms and send them to the address on the bottom of that form and they match those to what I have interfolio send them??

thank you. So once I have all my letters ready and send them out to aadsas from interfolio...I print out 4 matching forms and send them to the address on the bottom of that form and they match those to what I have interfolio send them??
No, don't send your LORs without the LOE matching forms.

You need to print out your 4 LOE matching forms. Fill out the address and stuff like that on the bottom of the forms. Upload to Interfolio, and then send out as a 'delivery' your 4 LORs with your 4 LOE matching forms that you just uploaded into Interfolio. It should be 8 documents total.

You can use either Interfolio or AADSAS to send your letters to dental schools.

Interfolio is not necessary, but it's useful if you have a lot of letter of recommendations and documents.

Interfolio is not useless. It stores any confidential letters or things you want to sent to companies, processing centers, etc. You also have the option to renew your interfolio account (with a fee) and have the letters stored in case you need to reapply. AADSAS deletes all letters after the cycle is over.

However, you have to request the letter first. You send out an email on Interfolio to your evaluator by putting in his/her email. The evaluator then uploads the document in his/her side. Once your evaluators upload the LOR onto Interfolio, you click around on Interfolio to request your LOR and Matching from to be sent from Interfolio to AADSAS. There is a fee for each document you send, ~$6?

On AADSAS:

You choose "paper" option on AADSAS, put in 1 entry per LOR.

Print out the matching form. Scan it. You upload the matching form to Interfolio yourself, and request to send to AADSAS the letter of recommendation with the AADSAS Matching Form.

Interfolio is great and it's main purpose is to save time/hassle of asking for letters of recommendation every year! :thumbup: