Interfolio Users

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has used Interfolio in the past, what did you do when the school sends forms for you to give to your letter writers that they are supposed to attach to their letters when they send them in? It seems like the main purpose of the forms are to designate whether you waive your right to see the letter, so Interfolio takes care of that anyway. Other than that, the form seems pretty useless. Should I just send them through interfolio with no explanation and assume the school will figure it out?

Members don't see this ad.

i am in the same boat as you with MCG. i called them up this afternoon and they told me that they do NOT like interfolio. they want us to send the letter directly to them with their form attached to it. how annoying! its the same freaking LOR with or without their form...geez

ernieraisin said:
i am in the same boat as you with MCG. i called them up this afternoon and they told me that they do NOT like interfolio. they want us to send the letter directly to them with their form attached to it. how annoying! its the same freaking LOR with or without their form...geez

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I need to send mine in ASAP, but I can't get the forms to the people until August...

Members don't see this ad :)
that is still early.
im more worried about the mini essay questions...arrgh..

what the hell is this interfolio stuff? Yea and those essays are going to suck.

okay i just read about it. why would you use this instead of doing it the other way.

i am actually a non-trad applicant. graduated from undergrad in (gasp!) 1996 and then went to grad school and got my phd in 2003. from my perspective, there was no need for me to go back to my undergrad and talk to my premed advisor there just so that i can have a composite letter. if anything, the letter from my phd thesis advisor was going to get diluted and i felt that individual letters from my grad school were going to be much stronger.

that is why (unfortunately), i am sending out individual letters and why i had them send their letters to interfolio. after all, it is far easier to track the one letter to interfolio then to follow up on 20 letters they would have had to sent.

So you don't have to get your letter writers to send a letter to every school you apply to. I am doing it so I can make sure my letters get to schools quickly. I don't want to be putting pressure on my letter writers, so this way, they send their letter once (to interfolio) and then I am in control of the letters from that point on. So if I have four rec letters, I can make sure they all get sent at the same time. It is $15 to start and account and $5 per school to send them, so I figured for about $75 total, it was worth it considering how expensive the rest of the process is.

Interfolio was cheaper than the similar service offered by my school. My school's service would have the same problem with extra forms, etc. (why do they do this to us????? Sadists! :mad: ). I am just hoping desperately that I won't run into too many problems with schools...

Yeah, you can't use interfolio for all schools, but you can for nearlly all. I loved interfolio, it totally helped. But interestingly enough the school that I am going to wanted the professors to send the letters themselves along with a paper signed by both of us that says I didn't look at the LOR.

Our school got rid o f the office that used to take care of the LORs as well as the old premed advising office. As a result, we were told to use interfolio by the school.

So unless the med schools ask for forms that they provide to be used instead of interfolio, I'd say interfolio is ok. It works for all the Fl. schools and most schools my friends applied to.

gujuDoc said:
Our school got rid o f the office that used to take care of the LORs as well as the old premed advising office. As a result, we were told to use interfolio by the school.

So unless the med schools ask for forms that they provide to be used instead of interfolio, I'd say interfolio is ok. It works for all the Fl. schools and most schools my friends applied to.

The same goes for UVa, and we have a boatload of premeds. Interfolio will undoubtedly be accepted by basically any med school you submit your LORs to, so don't worry; and from my understanding, I thought most med schools actually preferred a letter management service like Interfolio! The letters are kept confidential, are neatly packaged, and get to their offices with no problems.