Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oo0Archangel0oo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering whether anyone here has used Interfolio to send their letters of recommendation to OptomCAS? I have quite a situation on my hands right now. I feel very pressured to apply to optometry schools this cycle, yet I feel like I am not ready. I have not taken the OAT yet (still studying!) and I have not yet requested letters of recommendation. I know I am far behind. :(

I've been told that Interfolio will store your letters of recommendation so that you can send them off later. I just graduated with my B.S in Biology and I believe that I will receive stronger letters of recommendation if I ask for them now. I fear that my professors will slowly forget the work I've done in their courses. I plan to request letters now and possibly send them off next year on my application. Have any of you guys heard of anyone that has done this before? I know recent letters are better, but can I technically send in a letter of recommendation from last year?

Separate from this question, I've heard of medical students sending in their applications first and then taking their MCAT later. Is this possible for optometry as well? If so, how late can one take the OAT?

Members don't see this ad.

OptomCAS has an easy email system. If you're Sending blind letters, just have the optoms save them and resend them if required.

That being said, I applied in December and did fine. Didn't take the OAT until September. Study this summer, take it at the end, apply once you get your scores. You'll be fine.

Wow, you applied in December? That gives me a lot of hope! Thanks for the reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let you know that I applied in December, as well, and was accepted everywhere I sent my app. What are your stats like? The better they are, the later you can safely apply.

You could also ask for your professors to write your letters of rec now and then save them until the next cycle opens... because I'm pretty sure when the cycle ends, your entire OPTOMCAS app has to be redone. Not 100% on that, though.

Alright! Thanks for the reply! It is very helpful. :) My GPA is pretty good. I haven't taken my OAT yet, but I am hoping that I can get that done and apply this year. I guess I'll try extra hard and see how I feel by the time December comes. Thanks again, guys!