International applicants interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beccaluvdental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Just want to check how many interviews my fellow international applicants got? Seems a lot of invites had been given out, which made me kinda panic. Will we be considered after IS and OOS? I guess there shouldn't be any differences for private schools right?

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think it is matter for the private schools. I only have one from NYUCD so far. Hope to get more pre-dec interviews.

I got one form UDM and one from midwestern arizona.
Applied end of August, so im telling myself to calm down and wiat for more but waiting is hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one form UDM and one from midwestern arizona.
Applied end of August, so im telling myself to calm down and wiat for more but waiting is hard.

Same shoe here. I got one from UDM and one from Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted ADEA early June and supplemental early July. Hopefully, get in there at Dec 1st then I am done.

We should promote this treat as much as possible. I believe they are more people like us, but they are just to quite.
You're right! I am on SDN quite frequently and I did not see this thread until now. I am a non-Canadian applicant as well. As of now I have 7 invites. I already attended the interview at my top choice, and I really hope to go there. Best of luck to all fellow international students!

Reactions: 1 user
You're right! I am on SDN quite frequently and I did not see this thread until now. I am a non-Canadian applicant as well. As of now I have 7 invites. I already attended the interview at my top choice, and I really hope to go there. Best of luck to all fellow international students!
Congras! Which school i s your top choice?

English is my second language, so with many interviews, I still feel nervous about 12/01....

English is my second language, so with many interviews, I still feel nervous about 12/01....
Congrats! According to what I've read, getting the interview is the hardest part, and for most schools as long as you don't act dumb you'll be admitted!

May I ask your stats and interviewed where?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! According to what I've read, getting the interview is the hardest part, and for most schools as long as you don't act dumb you'll be admitted!
Statistically speaking, not quite. If you look up the number of applicants a school interviews and the number that are admitted, you'll see what I mean.

Statistically speaking, not quite. If you look up the number of applicants a school interviews and the number that are admitted, you'll see what I mean.
You mean stats interview vs. enroll on the guide? I guess that's because people are admitted to several schools but they can only choose one to enroll.

You mean stats interview vs. enroll on the guide? I guess that's because people are admitted to several schools but they can only choose one to enroll.
Nope, go on schools' websites and look at the number of admission offers. For example, this past cycle UCSF gave out 124 offers and 89 people confirmed (http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/dentistry-dds/admissions-cycle-statistics)
Of course UCSF is on the more selective side especially for us international students, but the statistics are not that much different for other d-schools.

Hey! Thanks for setting up the thread, being an international applicant is not easy and it's great for us to keep an eye out for each other. I'm invited by 7 schools (not interviewing in all), submitted end of June.

Hey! Thanks for setting up the thread, being an international applicant is not easy and it's great for us to keep an eye out for each other. I'm invited by 7 schools (not interviewing in all), submitted end of June.

It's not even December yet, you don't know your status at any of the schools. I suggest you attend them all until you know for sure you got into one. Interviews are not acceptances. Of course if money is tight it makes sense to cut some out.

It's not even December yet, you don't know your status at any of the schools. I suggest you attend them all until you know for sure you got into one. Interviews are not acceptances. Of course if money is tight it makes sense to cut some out.

Solid point! Unfortunately I'm limited by the number of days I can take off of work, but it makes sense to maximize the number of interview opportunities.

Solid point! Unfortunately I'm limited by the number of days I can take off of work, but it makes sense to maximize the number of interview opportunities.

Congrats on all interviews! It's amazing. Did you get any interviews from private schools? I got five interviews but all from state schools.
I know the dental tuitions for us international students are not different between private and states, but it's so wired that I only got states' invites as I somehow believe private schools are more willing to accept international students.

Congrats on all interviews! It's amazing. Did you get any interviews from private schools? I got five interviews but all from state schools.
I know the dental tuitions for us international students are not different between private and states, but it's so wired that I only got states' invites as I somehow believe private schools are more willing to accept international students.
I did not have have state school interviews yet plus there are two public schools rejected me. So I feel they are looking for something not just grades or nationalities. And I do feel you get better chances in private schools.
Indeed, there are no different compare to state and private schools' prices, I rather go to privates.

I did not have have state school interviews yet plus there are two public schools rejected me. So I feel they are looking for something not just grades or nationalities. And I do feel you get better chances in private schools.
Indeed, there are no different compare to state and private schools' prices, I rather go to privates.

That's exactly my points! I would prefer private schools over states that on the same level, mainly because of the diversity, and location. I went to private college and somehow the large proportion of in-state students in school would stress me out. But idk, I think I would go to state school if no private accept me.
The waiting is killing me. I almost gave up hopes on schools in California. I am crossing fingers on Boston or New York.

That's exactly my points! I would prefer private schools over states that on the same level, mainly because of the diversity, and location. I went to private college and somehow the large proportion of in-state students in school would stress me out. But idk, I think I would go to state school if no private accept me.
The waiting is killing me. I almost gave up hopes on schools in California. I am crossing fingers on Boston or New York.
you will never know. you might get in a public school and then receive a interview from private school. Reviewing process is killing for everyone, this is the tough year for us. I only hear from 3 schools out 18 schools I applied.

you will never know. you might get in a public school and then receive a interview from private school. Reviewing process is killing for everyone, this is the tough year for us. I only hear from 3 schools out 18 schools I applied.

Good luck to all of us!

5 private and 2 public invites!

Wow u guys must have really good stats.
Im a Canadian applicant, i have two so far, udm and midwestern arizona.
Which schools did u guys get invites from?
Also what are ur stats?
Mine are 22aa, 24ts, 20pat 3.42ogpa, 3.57 sgpa

May I ask your stats and interviewed where?

gpa 3.8 and dat 24. 9 schools!

Reactions: 1 users
GPA 3.79, DAT 23 AA 22 TS, 8 schools! As for which ones--I can PM if you want, not posting them on sdn anymore for privacy!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey fellow international folks, how's d-day going for you? Let's keep each other updated! I really hope that we all get in! :)

Still waiting to hear from one school i interviewed at so far!!!

Hi everyone :) only applied to two schools and got waitlisted in one yesterday. fingers crossed*

Got an acceptance from UDM finally!!!

Folks that have been accepted, have you decided on a school yet? And best of luck to those of you who are still waiting, good things will come to you!:)

Good luck to everyone that are still waiting. Does anyone know of any opportunities for scholarships or loans for international students?

Good luck to everyone that are still waiting. Does anyone know of any opportunities for scholarships or loans for international students?
I would be interested in exploring loans options for international students too, so please share if you know about it. :)