International Rotation??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeyK

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any information or have any experience setting up an international radiology rotation? Would be interested in going to the UK or Australia, potentially Canada, mainly to see how the utilization of radiology differs from here in the US. Have no idea if my program would allow it (about to be PGY-4), but I think it would be worth looking into.

Any info would help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, i'm a 6th year med student in Melbourne, Australia, and I'm fairly sure from our side people would welcome an American to bring a different perspective to the department. It'd probably even be possible to do a fellowship in an area of IR- for example, my hospital has a pretty active 24/7 interventional neuroradiology program which accepts IR and neurosurgery 'registrars' for further training.

If you want contacts, just PM your details- stage of training, etc- and what type of rotation and what duration you were looking for- and i'll try to copy you some useful contacts.