Internship application concerns due to Covid19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychFL91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you really need to figure out a way to get more teleassessment hours. Competitive applicants typically have many more hours than you currently do, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are only 1/3 of your supervision notes individual?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you really need to figure out a way to get more teleassessment hours. Competitive applicants typically have many more hours than you currently do, unfortunately.
That’s what I figured. I know 400 Neuro assessment hours was the median according to the neuro internship selection paper that’s published, and I was easily on track for that prior to this. I was hoping that the 400 number would be flexible since I imagine other grad students are in a similar situation. I’ll see what I can do about trying to get more teleassessment, thanks for the feedback.

Why are only 1/3 of your supervision notes individual?
The CMH site was a hybrid between individual and group supervision, and one of my sites (that had a lot of supervision) was exclusively group. My current sites are exclusively individual.

Your overall hours seem a bit low. We have a neuropsych track at our site, but even amongst other tracks, I would say most of our applicants have 600-1200 hours - and we rarely consider someone with less than 500 total face to face hours. The 400 neuro hours was probably just neuro-specific and applicants had other types of assessment and intervention hours to add to the total. That being said, I imagine our applicant pool will mostly be impacted by this. Some may have an advantage if they obtained more/relevant hours earlier on while others may be impacted more, but this will likely be taken into consideration as most applicants will be impacted in some way. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately your hours are too low to be strongly considered at any of the AMCs w/ HCG neuro tracks that I have been affiliated with -- two of these wouldn't even really review the application as total hours are quite low (even considering covid19) as are assessment hours (given your interest in the neuro track)