Internship Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MavsFanForLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have had a good number of interviews this cycle (6) and expect to get accepted to at least one school come December. I am currently done with classes and just have an internship to complete. Due to health problems with my wife (who is Canadian), we are living in her very small Canadian hometown of 2000 people so she can receive free health care, until I attend dental school next fall. I planned on doing my internship at the local dental office, but my school just declined my internship request. The coordinator said my major is health science with an emphasis in public health so it can not be clinical, it must be in the public health area even though I am going into dentistry. I really do not have another option other than the dental office internship. Any suggestions? Would a dental school that accepts me, still be willing to let me enroll even if I didnt get my bachelors?

Members don't see this ad.

If you wrote that you plan on graduating Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, then they're acceptance would be contingent on you actually graduating with what you said you were going to do.

If you wrote that you plan on graduating Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, then they're acceptance would be contingent on you actually graduating with what you said you were going to do.
I thought that as well, some schools do require though an update is classes taken and everything. I just worry if they found out I did not graduate, i may have my acceptance withdrawn

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you find a public hospital with dentists in Canada to do it at?