Internship/Volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heather0309

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in my last year of my bachelor degree and I plan on going to graduate school for my PsyD. I'm wondering if it is possible to get an internship or to volunteer now to get experience and how do you go about finding positions. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in my last year of my bachelor degree and I plan on going to graduate school for my PsyD. I'm wondering if it is possible to get an internship or to volunteer now to get experience and how do you go about finding positions. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

local hospitals, shelters, crisis centers, behavioral centers, rehab facilities, local court system

I did work in multiple community settings in crisis/trauma. The agencies all work together and I sometimes go to educational events hosted by other agencies to build connections, share ideas and find out more about what kind of clinical services they offer. Very helpful to get your name and face out there! Even if it is unpaid, you may be able to find populations you really enjoy working with maybe leading to employment later :)