interventional cardiology or obgyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cage92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am interested in both obgyn and interventional cardioloogy i dont know what to choose
i prefer a specialty with a medicine and surgery or interventional so both specialties was interesting to me
but i dont know what to choose i am final year now ( i didnt like any field in medicine except the interventional cardiology but i am afraid from radiation as i saw on youtube and google there is doctors who has bilateral cataract and brain cancer ) and obgyn is combination of both medicine and surgery can anyone have an idea how to choose between both?

Members don't see this ad.

i am interested in both obgyn and interventional cardioloogy i dont know what to choose
i prefer a specialty with a medicine and surgery or interventional so both specialties was interesting to me
but i dont know what to choose i am final year now ( i didnt like any field in medicine except the interventional cardiology but i am afraid from radiation as i saw on youtube and google there is doctors who has bilateral cataract and brain cancer ) and obgyn is combination of both medicine and surgery can anyone have an idea how to choose between both?

It takes 7-8 years to do interventional cardiology (3 years IM, 3 years cards, 1- 2 years for interventional) and is competitive. You are exposed to radiation. You wear leaded goggles, lead over your body and often a leaded cap to limit your exposure but nonetheless, you are exposed to radiation.

It takes 4 years to do OBGYM. These are very different specialties.

Also I suspect you are not from the US so if you are considering training in the US, realize there are some things that will be outside of your level of competitiveness.

It takes 7-8 years to do interventional cardiology (3 years IM, 3 years cards, 1- 2 years for interventional) and is competitive. You are exposed to radiation. You wear leaded goggles, lead over your body and often a leaded cap to limit your exposure but nonetheless, you are exposed to radiation.

It takes 4 years to do OBGYM. These are very different specialties.

Also I suspect you are not from the US so if you are considering training in the US, realize there are some things that will be outside of your level of competitiveness.

yeahh i think all specialty can be acheived all my friends matched in interventional cardiology in emory and... and also obgyn but as img we need some reserach