Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from my advisor that there's a medical school that interviews only 7% of the applicants. I guess most of the interviewees get accepted. Does anyone know what school it is? Just curious...

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have an MSAR - that should let you calculate it out.

But just because they only interview 7% doesn't mean most get accepted.

USC interviews 10% - but thats still 564 people for a class of 180.
GW also does 10% - but thats 1083 people for a class of 165.

I heard from my advisor that there's a medical school that interviews only 7% of the applicants. I guess most of the interviewees get accepted. Does anyone know what school it is? Just curious...

i heard mayo interviews a small list

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but can't you ask your advisor?

Do you have an MSAR - that should let you calculate it out.

But just because they only interview 7% doesn't mean most get accepted.

USC interviews 10% - but thats still 564 people for a class of 180.
GW also does 10% - but thats 1083 people for a class of 165.

With those numbers that means GW gets over 10,000 apps each year? That doesn't seem right to me.

With those numbers that means GW gets over 10,000 apps each year? That doesn't seem right to me.

I think GW does get close to 10,000 applications/ year. I think I had heard that GWU and Drexel get more applications than any other schools.

According to MSAR they got 10,084 last year.

No, he made up those numbers to sound like an A@@. It will help it foyu apply to those schools as if you get an interview then you have a great chance at acceptance!:thumbup:

The troll has returned. Buh-bye.

Stanford's numbers for the 2005 entering class (from USN&WR online):

Applicants - 5648

Interviewed - 362

There ya have it, <7%.