Interview chances at this point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WPmed0209

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A great man once told me patience is a virtue :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I'd look into St. George or University of Antigua at this point. Admissions is rolling, so you have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
So I've got tons of research and average clinical experiences with a good personal statement and good letters with a LizzyM of 78. I got a couple interviews and a couple rejections already but haven't heard from about 20 schools. Do I have any chance at most of these schools considering I was complete in July to early August and its no longer "early"? Most of the ones left are top 30 or so schools.
yeah you have a good shot still. just wait. if nothing by mid november, then start thinking about another gap year.

Reactions: 1 user
So I've got tons of research and average clinical experiences with a good personal statement and good letters with a LizzyM of 78. I got a couple interviews and a couple rejections already but haven't heard from about 20 schools. Do I have any chance at most of these schools considering I was complete in July to early August and its no longer "early"? Most of the ones left are top 30 or so schools.
Not knowing your ECs, strength of LORs, Institutional Action/Legal history, and writing skills makes it hard to reply with precision, but in general if all those things are fine, you still have a chance at some of those schools.

Besides the "tons of research" and perhaps some evidence of research productivity (posters, presentations, publications), top schools like to see evidence of leadership capability, teamwork, and rising above self. You can best judge for yourself how adequately you speak to the Mission of such schools.

In the Harvard thread, somebody recently got an II who was complete in July... You may not be a first-round draft pick for those schools, but all hope is not yet lost.