Interview date question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so, I just received an invite to a UNC interview which is one of my top schools. The only problem is that it is on Sept 25th (with a social on the 24th) and I will be in Philly from Sept 23 to Sept 25th (flying out afternoon) for that interview...

Do you think I should call Penn and see if I can reschedule my Sept 24 for the next week and then cancel my flights and go to UNC for the 24th and Penn the next week and take a hit in the cancellation fee?

Bah.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, so, I just received an invite to a UNC interview which is one of my top schools. The only problem is that it is on Sept 25th (with a social on the 24th) and I will be in Philly from Sept 23 to Sept 25th (flying out afternoon) for that interview...

Do you think I should call Penn and see if I can reschedule my Sept 24 for the next week and then cancel my flights and go to UNC for the 24th and Penn the next week and take a hit in the cancellation fee?

Bah.
I understand your UNC is among your top school, but I would suggest you try calling both schools to find out which one is more flexible in adjusting/rescheduling the interview dates. Just don't take a risk (with Penn) and don't even worry about that measly cancellation fee either - After Dec. 1st, you won't even think about that .... :)

Good Luck !!

Called UNC and they basically just put you back in the applicant pool if you cancel which I don't want to do with being an OOS applicant and knowing how tough it is to get in OOS. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
If your Penn interview is on the 24th can't you just change your flight to the evening of the 24th to make it to the UNC interview the next day?

Delta's only afternoon/evening flight gets in at 12:30 and then I would have to take a shuttle. I might just have to forego that flight and switch to a different airline. The only bad part, is that there is also a social thing at UNC on the 24th so I would miss that completely.

Delta's only afternoon/evening flight gets in at 12:30 and then I would have to take a shuttle. I might just have to forego that flight and switch to a different airline. The only bad part, is that there is also a social thing at UNC on the 24th so I would miss that completely.

Hire a private jet :laugh:

Ha, I considered it, but i'm not sure if I can afford it. haha. I'll work on it though. :)

Social thing is not important. It's just a way to relax you before the interview and to answer some of your questions. Did you ask UNC if you could push it back to October?

Yep, but basically if I couldn't make this one, I would be put back in the applicant pool and have to wait (boo!) and that raises the possibility of not getting an invite. I've gone ahead and scheduled the interview and will just have to lose the price of the ticket coming back and miss the social. Now I just have to hope I can catch all my flights.

Yep, but basically if I couldn't make this one, I would be put back in the applicant pool and have to wait (boo!) and that raises the possibility of not getting an invite. I've gone ahead and scheduled the interview and will just have to lose the price of the ticket coming back and miss the social. Now I just have to hope I can catch all my flights.
That sucks man. You think that if you were strong enough to be invited for the September interview they would welcome you in the October group... Guess they don't like to be put after other schools.

And your situation should answer that other girls arguement/ questions about UNC's Saturday only interviews. They are NOT lenient. It's the Saturday they offer or possibly never.

hey May, you'll work it out and be just fine, I have a feeling you'll get in to a handful of schools my guy haha

you will be fine and this is nothing mate! The real dilemma would be on Dec. 1st or so as what to do with those multiple acceptances ;-)

(hey, did you add UTDB to your list? just wondering)

Ha, I hope. I ended up not adding it to my list. I thought about it, but I don't know if I would want to live in Texas for 4 years and I feel like I would be late applying, so I'll just stick with what I've got.